GoodVanté

I went through a lot to post this, man

I went through a lot to post this, man. I'm sorry if it's some trash, it wasn't at first. So, my bad. :)
prequel to NeighborVanté.

A starry sky has the ability to occupy anyone with eyes. There is something about the never ending gradient of blues, purples, grays, and sometimes blacks. Let us never forget the occasional twinkle of a star here, a planet there. The moon's consistent presence is what truly places the entire experience at the highest of all sights. I'm present as often as I may be whenever given the chance. I feel tranquil whenever beneath the night skies. It allows me to feel as if I am one with myself, a feeling that is as rare as it can be to someone like myself. I could stay here all night.

That's not happening tonight, though.

"Say, baby, the party is on the inside! Can't shake no ass if you laid up in the grass."

Even with impaired vision, I was able to take a small second to gaze up at the waxing crescent that the planet gifted me with. I roll over, struggling to keep my dress properly sitting on my thigh, as I reach out for the help of my friends. Kendra, our designated driver, reaches out to help me up. "I'm coming, Cedric!" I cackle out. The equilibrium that I lost half an hour ago, and temporarily gained while lying down, is snatched away from me. I stumble into Kendra's arms, holding on to her for the dearest of all lives. Leaning into her as she allows me to use her as a sense of sturdiness, I tilt my head and look directly into her eyes. "You have the prettiest blue eyes, Kenny! They are so blue and... blue."

Returning the same smile I give her, Kendra laughs as empathy and patience make their presence known in her pretty blue eyes. "They're contacts, boo. My eyes are brown. You're just drunk." Halle, not being a drinker, giggles as she stands on the other side of Kendra. She stands in a blue tube top, heavy black dickies, and pair of black instapump fury's that are accented by her blue socks beneath. She does not look like she works  in an office, not right now. "Very drunk!" I drop my head to recall what it is that she is wearing. By default, I am met with a complete blur of colors. The kind that would make me nauseous if I make another attempt after I go and take another shot. "Very drunk."

"Rightfully so, though!" Halle beams with secondary pride as she holds a joint between her pursed lips. I can see her lip gloss leaving a transparent glimmer of sparkles on the white paper. "If I got a promotion with the kind of bank she got? I'd be worse than her. I'd be on my whole ass...with my ass out. I mean, I would go all out! I might even swing on a pole or two. You know what? I'd literally swing on a pole—"

Kendra holds her hand out at Halle's words, muffling my laugh as her lack of support forces my face to fall into an odd spot between her left breast and her arm. "You'd do that without a promotion!"

Halle, sparking her joint, scrunches in response to Kendra's claim. "Bitch, don't kill my high before I get to it." Upon her exhale, my continuous laugh and newfound hiccup have a conflict of entrance in the center of  my throat. The result is one of the most absurb sounds to leave my body since I was a little newborn baby. I nearly fall over as the gurgle morphs into a gag. Halle jumps back. "Not my shoes! I stood in line for two hours to get these!"