Imagine for copenhagenmadelen

Nina's POV 

Ouch! My tooth has been hurting for the past few days and the pain is getting really bad. But I can't tell my boyfriend, Niall, because he's a dentist and I'm terrified of the dentist. I just have to try and keep it from him and act like everything is OK. Niall was coming home from work soon and so I wanted to have his favorite dinner, Chicken Alfreado, ready for him for when he came home. I started boiling the water for the noodles and then I got started on the sauce. While I was cooking I turned on the radio and "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran came on the radio. I was dancing and humming along while making dinner. When the song was over, it was time for to put everything together. I mixed all the ingredients together then went to set the table. Once the table was set, Niall walked in the door and I went to greet him.

Niall's POV 

I had just gotten home after work and when I walked into the house Nina was there to greet me. She gave me a kiss on the lips ans said that she had a surprise for me in the kitchen. I followed her to the kitchen and saw that she made my favorite dinner. I told her that I was going to go change out of my scrubs and went upstairs. I came back down afterwards and sat at the table with Nina. As Nina was eating I noticed that she was only eating on one side. I decided that I wasn't going to ask her about it and just keep on watching her. We were just eating and talking when she screamed out in pain. I asked her what's wrong and she just said that she bit her cheek. I wasn't buying it and I told her that she needed to tell me the truth. She told me that her tooth had been hurting for the past few days and that's when I knew that she had a cavity. I told her that we would be going down to the office tomorrow morning to get her tooth fixed. She just agreed with me and we finished eating and went on with our day.

* The next morning *

Nina's POV 

I was tossing and turning all night just knowing that in a few hours Niall's alarm was going to go off and that's when he would bring me to his office to get my tooth fixed. I'm super scared because I don't want to get it fixed since it's going to hurt.

* A few hours later * 

Niall's alarm went off and he jumped out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. He went to take a shower then came out and got ready for work. I went into the bathroom and took a shower as well and then went to get dressed for the day as well. I went back into the bathroom where Niall was brushing and flossing his teeth. I did the same but I was gentle to my sore tooth when I came across it. After we were both done flossing and brushing our teeth, we headed down to Niall's office and that's when I got really scared.

* At the office* 

Niall's POV 

When we got to the office I brought Nina back to a room and asked her to sit in the chair. I got my mask and gloves and got everything ready for a filling since I know that's what she's going to need. I grabbed my explorer and mirror and asked her to open. She did as told and I started checking her teeth. I came across the bad one and I gently poked it and Nina let out a whimper. I told her that she had a cavity but I would have to take X-Rays to see how big the cavity is. I got the X-Ray films and put them in Nina's mouth. I took the X-Rays and then I pulled them up on the computer and I showed Nina as well. I asked her if she was ready and she just nodded her head. I got the tropical anesthetic and put it next to Nina's tooth. I got the needle ready and asked her to open. She opened and I took the stick with the numbing gel on it out and when Nina saw the needle, she started freaking out and I quickly put the needle down and sat her in my lap and had her calm down for a few minutes. I just sat there hugging her and kissing her head until she was ready to start again. I asked her if she was ready and she nodded her head. I put her back in the chair and asked her to open again and to close her eyes. I pulled back her cheek and lightly poked the needle into her gums. She whimpered a little bit but I told her that it was almost done. A few seconds later I took the needle out of her mouth and let her get numb for a little bit while I got the filling composite and the right drill bud in the drill. I asked her if she was ready and she nodded her head. I grabbed the drill and started drilling her tooth.

* After procedure * 

Nina's POV 

As Niall was drilling my tooth, I fell asleep. It didn't hurt due to being numbed but it did feel uncomfortable. A few minutes later I heard the drill go off and Niall put this filling in my mouth then dried it with a blue light. He had me bite down on a little black piece of paper and asked me if I could feel the tooth at all when I bit down. I told him no and he said that was a good sign. He turned off the light and set the chair up and brought me home where I rested all day long while waiting for Niall to get home from work later. Even though I'm terrified of the dentist, I love having Niall as a boyfriend.