Chapter Eight

As Milo reached the scene, he saw Abigale and three other people and recognized them almost instantly. One man, Jace, had got her shirt off and was starting to pull off her pants. She was on the ground, him over her, and guarding them were two others. She seemed to be semi-conscious.

   Milo punched one of the men and he could tell that they were trying to fend him off- to no avail. Eventually, he shoved between them and pulled a pistol from his back pocket. "Leave her." His golden eyes darkened- this was the gangster side of him.

   Jace looked up to see the pistol. "Hey, bud, cool it," he said as he got off Abigale. "What's your deal? Not like we were gonna kill her or nothin'. We were just gonna have a little fun. She's quite a nice prize if you know what I mean." Jace smirked.

   Milo growled, "Get out of here. I'll be talking to Derek about you three. She's mine." His eyes flashed as he cocked his gun. Jace's eyes widened.

   "So, the girl you had a bounty on a day ago and you're hooked up with now?"

   Milo shot one of the guards- Rodger, he remembered- behind him in the head. "I said, she's mine. Leave." Jace flinched. "Okay, okay, I'm goin', I'm goin'," he grumbled and he pulled his hood over his head before he and the other man fled from the alley.

   Abigale was shirtless and her pants were half off. He could see in her eyes that she was barely conscious and not registering anything. Milo covered her up and carried her back to her apartment. Once he reached her apartment, he set her down on her bed. His vision began to clear from their blind rage.

   The younger girl sighed in relief.

   "I'm sorry about them. I'll call right now." Milo grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed a familiar number of an old friend. "Derek!"

   "Milo? Is it really you?"

   "Yeah. We haven't talked in a while. But this is about Jace, Riley, and Rodger. They tried to have some fun with my bounty." His voice was threatening.

   "So I heard. You killed Rodger?"

   "Yeah."

   "Well you know my gang isn't one of those. I'll deal with it."

   "Thanks. Take care of them for me." Milo closed his phone and sat down beside Abigale, who was shaking. He handed her Kibo. She visibly relaxed slightly and he could see realization in her eyes.

   "M-Milo, is that really you?" she asked shakily. "Yes."

   She let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you...." she said, and he could tell she was choking back tears. "They won't bother you anymore," Milo told her, and she nodded slowly. She let her head rest on the pillow and Milo handed her a bottle of water. She looked at it.

   "What is this?" she asked. "Water. Drink."

   He held it out to her gently and she slowly began to drink, trying not to spill any water. He bit his lip nervously. "Ugh, my head hurts so bad." She said slowly. "Need aspirin?" he asked.

   "Probably," she mumbled. "Where do you keep it?" Finally, she responded, "I keep it in a locked part of my medicine cabinet." Milo sighed and nodded, walking into the kitchen and began to search some of the cabinets. He broke the lock, promising to replace it later, and got two asprin. He sat back down in his chair and let her sleep.