- SEVENTY ONE.

SEVENTY ONE.   MUTUAL

ALISA TOOK A DEEP BREATH

Inhale, exhale, pause. Inhale, exhale, pause. Inhale, exhale, pause.

Her green eyes searched the room for anything peculiar that stood out to her, breathing out a relieved sigh when she didn't see a single thing that seemed out of place.

When Jeongguk asked her if she wanted him to come over, she didn't really think it through since she spent the entire winter break holed up in her room. So naturally, her bedroom was a mess— clothes were strewn everywhere, there was trash here and there, and it smelled like her old perfume.

She rushed to clean her room, gauging that it would take him around twenty to thirty minutes to head to her house.

She even had time to brush her teeth and wash her face, fixing her hair so she wouldn't look like she's been laying on her bed for the entire week— even though that was exactly what she did.

"Lee, Jeongguk is here!" She heard Taehyung's deep voice call out to her from the living room, and she instantly jumped off her bed with a huge smile.

"Let him in please!" She called back, running her fingers through her hair to remove some knots and attempted to fix herself one last time before Jeongguk laid his eyes on her for the first time since their trip.

She could hear chatter from the living room, which was probably her stepbrother conversing with Jeongguk. Her breath hitched without her knowing, seeing as this was the first time they were seeing each other in a while and she was feeling a bit nervous.

Alisa could hear the two of them walking towards her room as they exchanged words, and it didn't take long for them to finally arrive at her door. She heard someone knock on the door, and an unconscious smile made its way onto her face when she walked to her door to answer it.

She was immediately met with the sight of her brunette brother, accompanied by the boy she couldn't stop thinking about. Her smile grew wider when her green eyes found his, and she noticed how his eyes sparkled when he saw her for the first time in a week.

"Hello," he gave her the adorable bunny smile she loved so much, her heart fluttering in her chest at the mere sight of him. "It's been a while."

"It has," she said breathlessly, their gazes not tearing away from one another as they took in one another's appearance.

"Hello, I'm here too?" Taehyung's chuckle brought the two seventeen year olds back to reality, and they shook their heads with a smile. "I'll just be in my room so call me if you need me. Or call me if you have food."

The older boy waved goodbye to the younger ones, but not before yelling out one thing before entering his room. "Leave the door open, kids!"

"We're not gonna do anything!" Alisa shrieked, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment at her brother's yell. It seemed that Jeongguk's cheeks flushed as well, probably for the same reason as her.