Arrived...

7 hours later

Jo's POV:

We were finally here! In New York! I'm so excited to see why we're here. Alex got us special first class seats and I didn't know why. It was really nice though, and a great experience. I missed Addy though, and was kind of confused why she didn't come with us. Walking out from the plane, I could feel the temperature change, the goosbumps forming on my arms... Ahhhh! New York! The city that never sleeps. Once we reached the soft carpeting of the airport, Alex came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "Happy Anniversary babe!" My jaw fell to the floor. So this was why we were here...

Alex's POV:

As we were walking off of the plane, I thought the best creative way to tell Jo why we were here. I couldn't think of anything, so I just decided to whisper it in her ear. As I did, I could feel a little smile form on her face. She seemed happy, but a little bit on the edge. I knew she had anxiety, so she could just be anxious and concerned, but little does she know that I planned it all and have it all under control. During my little daydream, I felt her legs wrap around me quickly. She ran up to me and smothered me in kisses. People were staring, but we didn't give one fuck. We were here for us and people could stare all they wanted. "Bzzzz" my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was the uber, it was ready. We rushed down the stairs to baggage claim where there were only 2 bags left. Did we really take this long? Running, we snatched our luggage and ran out to the pickup line for uber. We looked and looked until finally, we saw our uber. We hopped in and I gave him the address of the hotel. It took about 45 minutes to get there because of traffic, but it was so worth it. 

Jo's POV:

Once I knew that this trip was for our 5th anniversary, I expected a lot of Alex. I knew he had a romantic side, and just wanted him to show it. We frantically sprinted to the uber, because I guess Alex didn't think of how much I would be excited in that moment. We got to the hotel, and my jaw dropped once again. We were staying at the Four Seasons! IN NEW YORK! This hotel was like the Queen Elizabeth of hotels. The doorman opened the glass orders and the florescent chandelier glared onto the marble walls. My head was spinning, from turning all around to see all the gorgeous decorations. Alex went to check in, while I sat in my leather upholstered chair admiring the beauty of this lobby. The black and white marble wall was so aesthetic and the white roses on the gold table made it even prettier. As Alex walked back over, he had a huge grin plastered across his face. I knew he was up to something, and by the past events of this trip, I knew it was going to be good. Our hands interlocked while the doorman brought our bags up. The elevator was pure gold and I loved it. We rode up to the 4th floor (where the specialty suites are) and I got so much more excited. Alex grasped my hand and led me to our room, number 206. The door unlocked and the aroma of roses made its way to my nose, the champange was brand new, wet and all. There was a trail of roses to the bed and then onto the bed where there was a heart made of roses. I thought to myself, Did Alex plan all this?  "Alex?" I asked. "Yes babe?" He said. "Did you plan all this just for me?" I asked, trying not to intrude into his surprise plans. "Um, of course I did," He replied hesitating a little. 

Alex's POV:

I unlocked the door to our suite and was surprised a little bit. Jo started freaking out, because there was a trail of roses leading to a heart of roses on the bed. Shit. I knew she was going to ask if I planned this, except for that I didn't. The hotel really did all this, but I was just going to pretend that I was that boujee and did this for my girlfriend. We got unpacked and then decided to go swimming. We were really sore from the plane and needed to relax, so Jo wanted to go to the pool. She got her swimsuit on:

She looked so hot in this specific one, and I loved it

She looked so hot in this specific one, and I loved it. I could tell she was also on her romantic side, because I was. I only let out this side of me on special occasion. This was one of those times. We got in the elevator and headed down to the pool. The hotel had a gorgeous infinity pool and this is all we needed right now. We needed a break from work, from Addy (even though it killed us), home, everything. We needed this, and the best part was that we had each other and it could just be us. We hopped in and had the best time. 

Jo's POV:

This pool was absolutely gorgeous, amazing. They had a poolside bar, a Jacuzzi, colored pool lights, tvs, literally everything you could want. The "poolside butler" brought Alex and I champagne WHILE SITTING IN THE POOL. What was so special about this trip? My lord, Alex was going all out. 

2 hours later

We had been sitting with our champagne in the pool for 2 hours, when we decided it was time to go back upstairs and relax even more. In the room, Alex chose "The Notebook" to watch and we ordered room service. The tears came streaming down my face the whole time. Ugh. We fell asleep halfway through the movie and woke up with dirty dished and half eaten food on top of us.