Chapter 9

Kelly "What are we going to do it is starting to get late and we haven't found any vehicle or anything to fix that damn tire."

Tina "I know believe me, but we will find something. We can't give up."

Kelly "I know this is just getting so exhausting. I honestly don't know how much I can take. Only reason  I am still fighting is for my sister."

Tina "I get it. I have my brothers, Linda, and the baby. I have messed up so much in my life I can't let them down. 

They continue to walk some more. By now it was dark when they finally come up to an abandon farm house.

Tina opens the door slowly and starts checking the house while Kelly keeps guard outside. Tina whistled to Kelly letting her know that there was nothing there.

Tina "We will barricade the doors and sleep upstairs and block that door to, then we can continue our search tomorrow morning."

Kelly agreed. "Do you think they still have running water?"

Tina shrugged "Probably"

Kelly turned on the bathroom water. "Oh my"

Tina turned and went into the bathroom with Kelly. "What?"

Kelly "hot water and it feels so good. I am gonna take a shower."

Kelly starts taking off her clothes.

Tina "Wait"'

Tina rushed out of the bathroom door and closed the door leaving Kelly alone. 

Kelly walks out of the bathroom a while later. "you didn't have to leave you could of joined me."

Tina "Please how many times have I told you."

Kelly huffs. "I know. Have you thought about what you would do if there is no cure?"

Tina "Of course, but I don't like thinking about it. I don't want to give up hope. I can't"

Kelly looks deeply into Tina's eyes. "I'll be here for you. I wont get in the way anymore but I will be here if there is no cure. I wont back away or leave. I don't know what it is, but I am drawn to you. I have been since I first laid my eyes on you. I feel like we have a connection. Like right now I can almost feel your emotions. I can feel your heart beating and I see the way you look at me."

Tina "Thanks and I would be lying if I said I didn't feel anything but I can't I am dedicated to her, even if she isn't really here, she is still my heart and I can't give that up."

Kelly" I understand. I will be your friend no matter what happens."

Tina smiled "Thank you"

They both lay down in separate parts of the rooms and slept the best they could.