Stunning Journal

February 14

"Okay, so if you're my brother why were you always sending those weird letters?"

"To begin with, I just missed you. I was a kid. But as I grew older I tried putting hints in them, hoping you would remember me." His hand reached out to me. A week ago I would have puked at the thought of creepy Don touching me, but now I saw him in a new light. We were related, how bad could he be?

Finally, I felt comforted. My nerves settled down and I could breathe again.

I sunk into the couch and closed my eyes.

For the last time, Meggie came put to play. This time though, I just accepted it. All this time she just wanted to tell me her secret. Our secret.

When I woke back up, I was crying like a little girl, holding Don close to me. 

After Mom returned, Don and I confronted her about the whole mess. 

"Why would you think it was a good idea for Kevin to come here? He could have hurt me!" I screamed at her.

"He would never hurt you Megan, he loved you. He wanted you back in his life. He said he was sorry. I didn't know any better." 

Mom broke down and cried, hugging both me and the son she hasn't seen for years. She didn't even recognize him the time he broke into our house.

Months have passed since all of this began and I have to say, Dear Journal, you helped me through everything. Thank you dear friend. Thank you.