Chapter 4

*Not edited*

I woke up with a headache again. Monday’s were never fun. It’s been almost a full week since the principle made Blake and I switch teams. Basketball practice last Wednesday could be described as hell. Soccer practice Thursday was heaven, except for the whole Blake being there situation. When I told him he had to run twenty laps in twenty minutes, his eyes almost popped out of their sockets. He was a little better at soccer than I was at basketball. I mean he could kick the ball, and it easily went into the net, with no goalie of course. He tried some of the drills with us, he wasn’t a disaster. Some of the girls were clearly blushing throughout the practice though, and a few even tried to flirt with him.

“Talia, get your buttocks out of bed before I come dump a bucket of water on you”, Alegra shouted from outside my room. I gave her the keys to my room so she could wake me up if I ever slept in, and last year that was a big problem.

“I’m up; I’m up, no need for water.” I replied.

“Hey, you have a package in front of your door, from your mom.” She said.

“Let’s see what’s in it!” a deeper voice, clearly belonging to a boy, said.

“Blake, give me the box! It’s none of your business what’s in there!” Alegra replied.

Oh my god, Blake could not open the box! My mother put Mr. Bear in there along with my monthly supply because I completely forgot to bring them with me.

“Blake, do not open the box!” I shouted, trying to find a descent outfit to wear before I ran outside.

“If I have to spend a lot of time with you, soccer nerd, I think I should know if you’re an ax murderer, don’t you think? For all I know your mom could have sent you an ax to chop of people’s head while they sleep.” He replied.

I finally decided to put on my jeans with a black crop top sweater, with ‘OBEY’ printed on it. I slipped on my black flip flops and ran outside.

As I slammed the door open, I see Blake in a corner trying to open the box while Alegra jumps around trying to retrieve it. This boy was going to be the end of me. I stomped over beside Blake and Alegra when all of a sudden he finally put his pocket knife back in his pocket. I quickly snatched the box from his hand, but it was too late the box was open, and out fell a colourful box that had ‘always’ written on it.

My cheeks quickly turned into a bright shade of red. Blake Carter, the boy I hate so much, just saw my monthly supply. My life could not have gotten worse. Alegra quickly picked it up and put it back into the box, before anyone else in the hall would see it.

“Brooks, you do know you don’t need to ship those. You can buy them from the convenient store, which just so happens to be under your building.” He chuckled.

“Shut up Carter! Now that you know that I’m not an ax murder, you can leave.” I said and started walking back to my room. Alegra said a quick goodbye and left to grab her morning coffee.

“Not so fast Brooks. Don’t think you can get rid of me that easily”. There was his signature smirk plastered onto his face again.

I decided to ignore him. I slammed the door never turning back around to look at him. I never heard the door shut.

“Hey, didn’t you just hear what I said? You can’t get rid of me that easily.” Why was he so annoying?

Naturally, Blake Carter invited himself into my room, which just so happened to look like a pig’s pen. I spotted my bra which lay on the floor in the corner of my room. Without trying to make it noticeable, I grabbed my pajamas which I changed out of earlier, and threw them on top of them.