I am

As soon as Alfred spots you, waiting at the pick up area of the airport, his eyes give away how surprised he is with your new look. He walks towards you to grab the bags and speaks in his usual proper manner,

"Miss Lauren, you look all grown up! How does two months in New York, transform a young girl, into a young woman?" He puts the bags in the trunk and opens the door for you.

"Alfred, it's called new clothes and hair dye," you reply with a hint of playfulness, you can also hear the new air of confidence in your voice and it makes you feel proud of yourself.

You reach your house at 11:00am and you're told that Chris has already left for his college apartment and your mom and dad will be home at around 5:00pm. This doesn't surprise you, even if deep down you were kinda hoping to talk to somone about how amazing the summer program experience was.

You change into a two piece black bathing suit and head towards the backyard, Halsey told you to get a tan when you get back to Cali because it's gonna make you look hotter. You laughed and told her she was being ridiculous but here you are anyways.

Before laying in one of the pool side chairs you walk towards Dash and if he was any bigger, he would of pushed you to the floor. You play fetch with him and then he follows you to the side of the pool and lays in the shaded area next to you.

Around twenty minutes pass by and you see a dark grey Jeep pull up in the side entrance of the backyard.

And then you remember what it was like to have your heart beat out of your chest.

Camila walks out of the Jeep and a second later, a tall, pale, curly haired boy gets out of the Jeep and walks with her towards the entrance of the guest house.

You wish the distance between the pool and the guest house was less so you could actually listen to what they're talking about. Whatever it was, it made Camila laugh and shove him playfully. He fakes being more hurt than what he is and smiles back at her like a lovesick idiot.

You roll your eyes even if they're hidden behind sunglasses.

He moves a bit closer to her once they reach the front door and you catch yourself leaning forwards a bit to get a better view of what's about to happen.

She puts her cheek on his lips before he can do anything else and then he just shuffles backwards a bit, all flushed and awkward, like a little kid.

Pathetic.

She seems to force a smile and avoid his eyes as she waves him goodbye.

He leaves, but Camila just tosses her bag inside the guest house and then walks towards Dash's playground area.

You remember telling her to play with him, the day you left for New York, so he wouldn't feel lonely and it makes your heart warm knowing she actually did that.

She notices Dash is not in his usual place and it's pretty obvious she's a bit scared of her lack of knowledge of where the dog is. As if he knew what was going on, Dash barks and Camila instantly looks towards the pool area.

You wave at her and she smiles and walks towards you. Her shirt is hanging loose, showing the yellow bathing suit underneeth.