xi

"just lay with me, waste this night away with me"

"we need to start profiling tobias' father. he may be the one who chose where to take reid," hotch told layla, derek, the detective and gideon.

"i'll get garcia on it," derek said as he walked into the computer room of the hankle's house.

just moments later, jj and emily returned from their interview.

"any luck with the rehab contact?" gideon asked them.

layla looked up from her seat at the table, interested in what they had to say.

"well, he has no idea where hankle might be, but we did learn he has a serious drug problem, diluadid," emily reported to the team.

"well that could explain the psychotic fracture," hotch suggested.

"what are you talking about?" jj asked, making layla realize they hadn't been informed about tobias' multiple personalities.

"tobias is living as at least three different people, himself, his father and raphael," gideon explained.

"dissociative identity disorder," layla added on, her voice dull and tired.

the detective walked in to the room, seeming like he was in a rush.

"this could be some bad news," he announced, making layla's fists clench with worry.

"a computer store was robbed in the middle of the night," he told them, making layla breathe a slight sigh of relief at the fact that it wasn't the kind of bad news she was fearing.

"a suburb outside of atlanta. the thief got away with four laptops, external hard drives and a satellite," the detective continued.

"if it's tobias, it puts him right back into business," hotch told the detective.

only seconds later, morgan rushed into the room yelling, "guys! guys, get in here!"

the team rushed in the computer room, to see every screen showcasing the same image. reid tied in a chair, alone in a room. layla's quick steps faltered as she saw reid. jj had her hand against her heart and emily gasped.

"he's been beaten. can't you track him?" jj asked garcia, her voice full of shock and concern.

"hankle's only streaming this to his home computer." garcia replied, obviously in shock as well.

morgan turned away, unable to look.

"this is for us. he knows we're here," gideon said.

"i'm gonna put this guy's head on a stick," morgan swore, sounding stoic, although anyone who knows him well could tell he was furious.

"i second that," layla choked out.

derek placed a hand on her shoulder in comfort.

"why can't you locate him?" hotch asked garcia, his voice firm.

"he's rerouting to a different i.p. address every thirty seconds. i can't track him," garcia replied, her voice shaky with disappointment in herself.

"can you really see inside men's minds?" a voice asked off camera.

layla bit down on her lip, trying to stay strong.

"see these vermin? choose one to die," the voice, hankle, said, "i'll let you choose one to live."

"no," reid said, his voice soft and defeated.

layla shut her eyes and winced.

"i thought you wanted to be some kind of savior," hankle replied, still off camera.

"you're a sadist and a psychotic break. you won't stop killing, your word's not true." reid said.

"the other heathens are watching. choose a sinner to die, and ill say the name and address of the person to be saved," hankle told reid.

reid looked down, "i won't choose who gets slaughtered and have you leave their remains behind like a poacher," he said, his voice becoming steadier.

hankle stormed towards reid and gripped his shoulders, lifting him out of the chair.

"can you really see into my mind, boy? can you see i'm not a liar!"

layla bit down harder onto her lip, but still couldn't tear her eyes away from the screen.

"choose one to die, and save a life. otherwise, they're all dead." hankle ordered, dropping reid back into the chair.

reid was breathing heavily, "alright, i'll choose who lives."

"they're all the same," hankle said, his voice dripping with disgust for the people he labeled "sinners".

"far right screen," reid said quietly.

"marilyn david. 4913 walnut creek road," hankle said.

"you got that?" hotch asked garcia as she typed into a computer, looking up the address for verification.

gideon dialed marilyn's cell phone to warn her, "marilyn david, my name is jason gideon. i'm with the fbi."

gideon told her to close her computer and to leave her house and find somewhere safe to stay, like with a friend or family member.

"raphael," reid said, fear in his eyes, drawing layla's attention away from gideon and back to the screen.

layla pressed her lips together to stop herself from drawing blood by biting them, and then the screens turned black. morgan turned, storming out of the room, angrily thrusting his fist against the door as he left. layla felt a tear run down her cheek, which she quickly wiped away, not wanting the team to see her cry.