Chapter Two:

It was a beautiful day on the Island of Sodor, or at least it was supposed to be. My first day of first grade , I felt calm. After having two great teachers I couldn't wait to meet the next. Her name was Mrs. Lumpkin, my mom and I went to meet her on open house. She seemed really nice and promised me and my mom and great year. On the first day, Mrs. Lumpkin had each student stand up and introduce themselves. As I watched the other students introduce themselves with ease, I was hopeful that I would as well. When it came to me to speak I was full of confidence, ready to stand out. I opened my mouth and began to say "I'm Micah" easy enough. Unfortunately, it wasn't, instead of simply saying it and sitting down, something happened. "My name is M-M-M-M..." everyone stared. "What's going on?" I thought to myself. I decided to try again, "M-M-My N-N-N..."  there it was again. It felt like I lost my breath, like there was something stuck in my throat. "Did I forget how to talk?" I thought. Last time and I was determined to speak clearly."   My Name....is M-M" before I could finish, Mrs. Lumpkin said " His name is Micah, Next" Wow, that was embarrassing, I sunk down in my desk, confused and ashamed. I could feel the other kids staring at me, until one of them turned to me and asked, "why do you talk like that?'' a question I, myself ,couldn't answer. I went home that night and asked my mom the same question.