ten

feeling daecheon's sunlight casting between the lashes of his eyes, jungkook slowly pried them open and found a hand resting over his stomach.

you're here,

jungkook let go of the breath he didn't know was holding, a sense of relief unconsciously creeping through his being. 

you're still here. you're not leaving.

then, jungkook watched taehyung's limp body wiggling over the sand in silence, probably cold and itchy from spending the night at the beach. it was clear to him once again that the slightly older man was wearing a traditional hanbok — living up to his nickname, wasn't he? — but this time, it was the royal shade of maroon with glints of pastel gold. the fabric was smooth, silky and soft . . . it would be a lie to say that he didn't love every single inch of this moment.

"ugh," in a matter of seconds, taehyung opened his eyes and immediately covered them back, taking his precious time of adjusting to the sun.

jungkook swore he could feel his heart bursting by the moment taehyung clicked his lips in annoyance.

soon as taehyung finally regained the confidence to face the burning sun, he looked around and saw his former accidental boyfriend, only to mutter a sleepy, "oh?"

"morning, hanbok man."

i'm still here?

taehyung whispered to no one in particular, feeling both happy that he was given another chance to see jungkook, disappointed that he wasn't able to return to where he belonged. because the last time he fell asleep in modern seoul, he was pretty sure he got transported back to the palace. 

am i stuck in here?

"hey, what are you thinking about?" jungkook raised his eyebrow, noticing the slight worry that laid behind his expression. "are you okay?"

"i-i'm . . ."

"do you not want to be here?"

jungkook, don't pout! you're only making it harder for me when you pout! 

"n-no, i'm okay," taehyung shook his head, realising that one of his arms was still lingered on jungkook's covered waist. it gave him butterflies how he never really intended to let go of the cuddle, though it seemed like his counterpart wasn't planning to either. "just a little bit dazed that we're still here."

"well, if we should have been somewhere else, then where do you think we should be?" he stifled an innocent laugh, turning taehyung's heart into a garden of flowers.

"hmm . . ."

"oppa," before taehyung could answer jungkook's question, another voice suddenly blocked their focus as the pair looked up to meet the source of the childlike sound, a six-year old girl already staring at them with plastic shovels and a procrastinating facial expression. "why are you sleeping at the beach?"