twenty

please read author's note~

"mother . . ."

it was when taehyung realised that the gods were still siding with him, that he saw his mother — the beautiful, respected queen jisoo of silla kingdom — sitting under a pine tree with ahro, most likely discussing about their next strategy of defeating goryeo and escaping to china. long gone was the calm and collected mother he once knew, for the bags under her eyes were half the size of his territory itself, looking tired and sleepless from thinking too much. 

all taehyung wanted to do was going in for a hug.

looking back to the person who called her, the queen and ahro shifted their heads to meet a row of three men in lush clothing, with one of them being her son, her trusted eunuch, and another handsome stranger who seemed like he came from a place, far away from silla.

"p-prince taehyung?" bewildered, the queen immediately stood up from her seat and ran in full speed, embracing the man she loved the most in a desperate squeeze. "taehyung-ah!"

taehyung couldn't help but giggle as her hands made contact with his forehead, eyes, nose bridge, cheeks and lips, as if wanting to make sure that what happened was more than just a mere fantasy.

"it's me, mother . . ." taehyung paused to bow. "it's me, i'm here."

"where have you been?!"

before the queen could go on another set of vents, it didn't take long until her longing gaze travelled back to the man who had been hiding behind yeowool's figure, who was none other than a very shy jeon jungkook.

"taehyung-ah," the queen soon moved away, now questioningly pointing at jungkook. "who is he?"

someone who made the idea of the future seems less intimidating than it truly is.

but instead of giving a definite answer, taehyung only shook his head and grabbed jungkook's hand, trying to make a point that he was none other than one of the most precious people in his life.

"mother, i believe it's a long story to tell."

after having a quick lunch with everyone inside of a makeshift tent, taehyung smiled at the sight of jungkook sleeping peacefully under a blanket, understanding that all the running and yelling must have exhausted him to bits. because how couldn't he, when present seoul had given its citizens so many different facilities to use and compromise?