two

to say that jeon jungkook was handsome was an understatement.

after begging him to fake their relationship, kim taehyung never got the chance to answer jungkook's question; for the moment he opened his mouth, he was already dragged inside the fancy-looking restaurant with menus that none of them could even pronounce. contrasted to taehyung's traditional choice of clothing, jungkook opted on a simple black shirt with matching ripped jeans, nervous sweat dripping down his face and yet still maintaining his image.

it was safe to say that all the older wanted to do was to hug and drown himself in the younger's arms.

wait, oh my god, what am i thinking? taehyung panicked as they neared one of the tables, soon realising that he had been trapped between a lovers' quarrel. erase, erase, erase!

stopping in front of a white-clothed table with two wine glasses and assorted cheese, jungkook tightened his hold on taehyung's hand as the girl who was supposed to be his date looked up with immediate regret. in all honesty, for the past twenty one years of his life, jungkook was never really one to break a girl's heart, but thanks to jimin's horrible choice of women (maybe, it was because he wasn't interested in women in the first place), he just had to do it.

"jungkook?" after placing down her glass in hurry, the petite brown-haired girl who taehyung reckoned was one of the prettiest women he had ever laid his eyes upon stood up from her seat. it was obvious that her eyes were focused on their intertwined hands a little bit longer than they should. "who the hell is he?"

at this point of time, taehyung wasn't sure if he should feel embarrassed or offended by the emphasis of her sentence.

as if satisfied by her response, jungkook brought their hands in front of her face and plastered a winning smirk. "i'm sorry to ruin our date, yoon mina; i know that this isn't supposed to happen and that my friend, jimin, might not have informed you about this, but let me introduce you to my boyfriend . . ."

jungkook nudged his arm in panic, mouthing, "what's your name, hanbok man?"

"k-kim taehyung," taehyung stumbled forward and let go of his hand, trying to make amends by bowing down to whoever this girl was. "my name is kim taehyung. it's very nice to meet you."

mina rolled her eyes in anger.

"w-we've been together for awhile," jungkook continued to blabber as he finally realised that she had been looking on taehyung's robes in bewilderment. "he- um, he's an acting student from our school, you see, which explains why he's still wearing a costume for plays," he paused to nudge again. "r-right?"

there was nothing else taehyung wished more than to leave this awkward interaction. he had always been an avid believer that every action has a reaction, just like what he once learned in physics, and thinking that someday they would receive backlash for hurting an innocent girl's feelings was something he wouldn't want to imagine.