nineteen

"some moments become more vivid with the passage of time . . ."

taehyung smiled, eyes fluttered shut.

"any encouters and farewells existed for this moment — moment that made me believe no matter which alley, which crossroad i walk through, it'll lead to this place in the end."

jungkook hummed, eyes opened to gaze over the fireplace and starry night.

"never knew you'd be the poetry kind of guy," he snickered with small giggles following behind. "but i like that."

shaking his head, taehyung shifted his body as they laid on the grass, trying to ignore the fact that their skins were getting itchy. it would take them approximately two days to the harbour, and there was no way that the older was keeping up with the younger. "go to sleep, jungkook. we have traveled for hours and i swear to the gods above that my legs are about to break."

"after stargazing," jungkook nodded. "i've never seen anything like this in seoul. as much as i adore the city, its buildings and crowds — sometimes all i need is just a glimpse of the nature."

"my present is quite nice, isn't it?"

"very."

but unfortunately, you don't belong here, he sighed. 

"good night, jungkook," a tear unavoidably became an escapist, as taehyung quickly wiped the liquid with his hand. 

"good night, taehyung."

it felt almost raw to pronounce his real name instead of hanbok man. but somehow, jungkook liked the way it clustered out of his mouth. how exhausted the older was of being called "crown prince", "your majesty" or "the soon-to-be king". because at the end of the day, kim taehyung was just a young innocent man with dreams and passions of making the people around him happy, that at some point, he forgot to prioritise his own.

and when he blossomed that poem into a trance of flowers, jungkook couldn't lie that it made his heart skipping its beat and breaking like thorns at the same time.

the words encounters and farewells seemed so strange and melodramatic against his ears, that he wasn't sure whether to deafen or sincerely hear them out.

so, before jungkook joined him to their own little neverland, he softly raked his fingers over taehyung's ponytailed hair and smiled, saying, "the sound of cicadas that chirred like showers ends in an instant . . . in the abrupt silence, i realise how beautiful the world is. just the fact that you are in it makes all the difference,"

he paused, understanding that taehyung was never asleep all along, but instead, holding back his tears in complete silence.

"even if all these moments are just a lie, i still want to remain here."

"jungkook, wake up!"

trying to block out the whispering screams, jungkook covered his ears with his hands, somehow still fast asleep after all the noises. "five minutes . . ."

"no! jungkook, we need to leave or they're going to catch up with us!" taehyung continued shaking the younger's body, until he eventually gave up and stood up from their makeshift camp, thinking of a way to bring him back into consciousness. "oh dear, just get going or i'll leave you alone."

and with a final groan, it worked. ". . . fine, fine!"

"thank you," taehyung addressed sarcastically, before dusting the grass off his clothes.

"hey, don't give me that attitude," jungkook moved his lips upward, resembling a pout, as he cleaned himself and joined the already jogging taehyung. as the pair left together, another question passed his mind. "why are you panicking so much?"

"i heard rustles and people conversing from a few miles away — i believe if we stayed a little longer, then goryeo's soldiers' whereabouts wouldn't be far from where we slept." 

"fuck, why aren't you telling me this?!" he snapped in accident, startling taehyung from the sudden impact. 

and before the older could say anything, jungkook already grabbed him by the wrist as they ran out of the forest, trying to make ways of second chance at life.

taehyung's lungs were about to combust into flames. as much as he loved playing sports, having long legs like jungkook and running for hours weren't exactly his fortes. 

everything felt like the end of the world, until he felt jungkook's steps inexplicably slowing down before moving back in fear. shock was written in his eyes, as taehyung looked up to see a soldier pointing an arrow against them. 

but it was familiar.

he, was familiar.

"yeowool hyung . . . ?" taehyung croaked out dryly, as yeowool lowered his weapon in an equal disbelief. 

why was it that the happiest moments, suddenly ushered in great fear?

BTS WON BBMAS!!! ALSO FAKE LOVE IS A BOP!!! LETS STREAM LOVE YOURSELF TEAR AND MAKE MORE HISTORIES!!!

my favourite songs of the album are sincerity that couldn't be delivered, outro: her and magic shop. what about yours?

here's a quick update to celebrate our second top social artist trophy! also, did you notice the three highlight reel narrations i referred in this chapter? 😉😉