⚠️ CHAPTER 8 ⚠️

I am so glad to be back and finish this book! For whoever waited for this: love you, thank!!!!

💰💰💰

CHAPTER 8: Despite all the shit
PRESENT - 17, 18, 19

⚠️trigger abuse⚠️

💰💰💰

17

"There! Think he'll notice?" Lottie patted the sheets, straightening them.

"I think that is alright." Niall said, skimming his eyes through the room. He had been munching on Liam's protein bars all morning. Last night had worked his appetite. He was munching his way through the fourth right now.

"So we are on for tomorrow, right?" She gulped, looking up. Her eyes were bulging. Stress filled the tips of her fingers.

"I feel guilty." He sat down on the bed and took the last bite of the bar, setting the wrapper down next to him.

"Why?" Lottie asked.

"Because this was happening to Liam and I wasn't there for him. I thought we were best friends. But after our dads died, it wasn't the same..." Niall took a long exhausted breath. He removed the glasses off his face and rubbed his temple.

Lottie had a lot to think about at the moment. Her mom in the hospital, Zayn being hooked on heroin, and now Liam's life being threatened. But she looked at Niall and it ached.

She sat next to him on the edge of the mattress and put her hand down on his. "You're here for him now." Her chin laid on his shoulder. "We're gonna see this through." She smiled softly.

Niall turned his face to Lottie's. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He beamed. Lottie's hand was actually holding his. He could feel her breath fan his face. Niall hummed, closing his eyes. He was actually getting too comfortable. "You have to go."

"Yeah." Lottie whispered. Niall opened his eyes, she was still as close as before. He looked down to her lips.

Never again, he remembered her words from earlier. "I can take you with my car... if you wanna." He offered.

"Really?" She jolted back, a smile on her face. Her hand gripped his wrist in excitement.

Niall's eyes followed Lottie's red lips as they distanced themselves from him. "Yeah, it's an hour drive. We'll pick up Louis on the way."

"Thank you." She threw her arms around his lanky frame. Niall was taken by surprise, but soon he was burying his nose on the crook of her neck.

"Your hair smells nice." He whispered against her blonde locks. Oh, that was a risky thing to say... Niall thought.

"What?" She asked.

"You're welcome." Niall saved quickly.

18

Harry's house was an old one. He had much care for it.

It was the only thing left of his insane family. He felt comfortable in it, like his grandma was still there, alive, taking care of him.