CHAPTER 10

A/N: This is a very short chapter. Intention being the pace moves really quickly and the situations mirror each other.

NEXT CHAPTER LARRY MEETS!!!! Also I am writing their first kissing scene right now and it's too fucking amazing. I swear. I can't wait to post that chapter!!!!

💰💰💰

CHAPTER 10: When the night is coming down on you

PRESENT - 22, 23, 24

💰💰💰

22

And their logo... it looked familiar now for some reason. Niall swept his hand across the name. Syco... Where did he see this before? And why did it feel important?

Niall thought back to the past few days... he searched online, there was nothing worth connecting.

He scratched his dry scalp in frustration, groaning. He was being silly, making it more important than it actually was. Or was he? It was hard to tell, Niall being as obsessive as he was.

Coming back to the email, they wanted Niall to hack into a government facility. The irish started to sweat.

He unlocked his guest bedroom and turned on his Linux and the rest of the hardware. He had not come into this room in a little while... it was a little dusty.

By the point he got up to have some water, and maybe a tiny wee it was already dark outside. One thirty.... Time flew by and Niall's attempts to get into the facility were all a failure. Two or three more, had he gotten any closer from  where he did, someone might have noticed he was trying to crack him. It was a dangerous little game Niall was playing... for a buttload of money, but certainly not enough to risk life in prison, maybe?

He looked back to the original in his MacBook before getting back into the big one. Syco... syco...

He searched two old hard drives for any document with that name. Could it be? He looked at that specific second drawer on the only bedroom furniture in this room. A good condition, old cherry tree wood chest of drawers. Belonged to his grandmother. His father had sent it to him after her passing.

It could not be... Niall thought.

He got up and in slow steps, like he was scared to find out the truth, walked toward the chest. "I'm being fucking silly." Niall shook his head and just opened the drawer.

Niall's dad had died two years ago in a private jet crash along with Liam's dad. The two were business partners of an expanding law firm. When the dads died they were making millions a year already.

Liam and Niall never saw that money after they died, neither did their families... And the firm was bought by a private company and dismantled.

The two orphaned boys knew what happened was fishy. Given that Niall had become a famous hacker online and Liam gave up medical school, they already felt like they were a disappointment to their parents. They started investigating everything after their dad's demise but it was a short ride.

Liam said he couldn't do it any longer. That it was a dead end taking a toll on both their lives. Not one week later did Niall stuck himself in this apartment to barely come out for almost a year.