CHAPTER 1

(edited)

Sat in a darkened space were five boys in utter silence.

Their postures were tense and retracted, and their eyes glued to the dusty floors. Some had scared tears gliding down their young appalled faces, others had their jaws pressed shut until it hurt. Some had already tried to make escape attempts, and chat for escape plans, but they all proved unsuccessful for everyone.

The squared room was small and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks, making it's smell muddy and unpleasant. There were no windows, and the polished walls were made of gelid concrete.

Apart from the three small leather couches shoved on each side, where the boys sat, was a desk and a chair, standing in the middle of the room, completely empty except for a big crystal ashtray filled to the top.

Excluding the fact that none of the five had gotten any sleep that night, they were not sure for how long they had been shoved in there. It was all a blur inside their heads, and their eyelids, although heavy, felt unable to shut, scared for their imminent futures.

The youngest of the bunch with smeared black liner, running down from his agitated green eyes to his pink cheeks, had been the loudest of them all so far, scratching off his nails dark crimson stains, practically shaking underneath his pink sheer blouse, his long curls hiding his face from the strangers he had been forced inside a room with. He started hyperventilating at some point but none of the others noticed, locked in their own crumbling worlds of rage and sorrow, wondering still why they had been brought to this unrecognizable place and locked out with no explanation whatsoever.

In the silenced room were suddenly heard faint steps. The screech of a rusty door echoed on the space and incandescent lamps charged up making the boys squint their eyes, unable to endure the harsh lighting.

But as their sight normalized, adjusting to the new ambience, they quickly realized someone had come to check on them.

An unfamiliar man, followed by two massive figures, dressed in black, walked inside and sat down comfortably in front of the desk, ten eyes intently gazing at him as he took a cigarette from the pack he was holding and lit it before even acknowledging the five boys.

After a long drag on the stick his eyes shot up and a friendly smile showed off his yellow teeth.

"Hello!" the man, of small squinty dark eyes and squared features, looked at each and everyone of them.

No answer. Just baffled expressions trying to make sense of this chaotic situation.

"I know all of this may seem unusual. And all of you are, understandably, confused. Perplexed as to why you were kidnapped, and brought here, thrown in a cell with random strangers-... well not really strangers but- ." The man sprouted out yet another smile, resting his cigarette in the ashtray before intertwining his fingers together.

None of the five looked confused. They all looked terrified.

"There's an explanation to all of this, and that explanation is what you all have in common." the man announced, "Are you curious about what it is?" but still no face lit up with curiosity. Unsettled looks were the only thing he got.