Chapter Three ~ Three Words. Eight letters.

As I was about to walk into 'The Sterling Towers', someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see Zack Murphy. The very Zack who broke my heart. He looked very angry. 

             "Leave my hand," I said trying to let go from his grip. 

            "I asked you to meet me at the park," he said holding my hand more tightly and pulling me towards him. So it was Zack. I didn't know because I deleted his contact from my list. 

            "It was you? Gosh, Zack let go of me," I said, struggling to go away. 

            "I have to talk. Lets go inside," he said pulling me. 

            "Stop Zack. What's left to talk?" 

            "There is. So lets go inside," he said dragging me up the stairs. Oh god! I have to climb ten flight of stairs with Zack. Talk about awkwardness. 

            "Let go of me you ass! I know to walk!" I retorted. 

            "I don't want to." 

            "You have no frickin' right to hold my hand Zack Murphy," I said almost slapping his face with my other hand. He was shocked and he let go of my hand. Taking advantage of this situation, I ran up the stairs. I swear I've never ran this fast ever before. I was on the 8th floor. Run, now on the 9th floor. Finally I made it to the 10th floor. MENTAL NOTE : Got to fix the god damned elevator. 

            "Alana! Wait! ALANA!" he shouted running behind me. He was 10 steps behind me.  Just for once, luck was on my side. I hurriedly opened the door and shut it right on his face. 

            He banged on the door. He never gave up. He banged on the door harder. "Al, just open the door I want to talk. That's all." Then he didn't  bang on the door. I opened the door slowly. He stood there motionless. Why was he acting this way? 

           "Fine. Come in. But I want you out of here in less than 10 minutes," I said opening the door completely. 

          "Alana, I miss you," he said trying to hold me but I shrugged. 

          "Oh." was all I said. 

          "Al, I was really stupid. I should've known that. But it all happened too fast! I want you back babe!" he said, with teary eyes. You think you can fool me, you heartless bastard? 

          "Yes, you ARE stupid," I said emphasizing the 'are' and "No, you cant have me back." 

          "Babe, Alana I'm really sorry!" he said, with a tear escaping his left eye. Does he really mean it? You're really dumb Alana. Don't listen to him. ~ my inner voice said.

           "Don't call me that," I said in a stern voice. 

          "But.." he started and then someone knocked on the door. I went and opened the door. It was Eric. 

         "Hey Eric!" I said, my face glowing. 

         "Shorty, is everything okay? I heard someone banging the door," he said and walked inside. I looked at Zack and he looked confused. I knew what he must have thought. 

         "Zack, meet my best friend, Eric. Eric, meet Zack," I said looking at both of them. 

         "Hi," both of them said in unison. I looked at Eric and said, " Eric my boy, things are fine. Anyway Zack is leaving now. So get that DVD we were supposed to watch tonight!" He moved in here three months and we were already best friends.