Part 3

I opened up the box that kept my sheets and comforter to my bed.  I took the fitted sheet, and sarted to make the bed. My thoughts on it was, if I get my bed made and some clothes out tonight, I would do the rest tomorow, where I had more time to do it.  It wasn't a school day tomorrow, so we would have the time.  I thought about my uncles, as I made my bed in silence.  Dad was on the other side of the room, making his and setting up his night stand.  He placed his box on his bed, as he sat next to it.  I continued to make my bed, as I was interupted by a voice.  "I'm sorry about almost attacking Reiji down there" dad broke the silence with.  I didn't reply to him, just stopped making the bed for a brief moment to look at him.  He was looking down at his hands, with an upsetting look on his face.  I knew he felt bad about the situation, but I wonder why he was appoligizing to me for it.  I sighed as I went back to making my bed.  "I accept you appoligy, but I think Reiji's the one you need to appoigize to.  You did flip out on him down there" I said, as I  reached for the blacket that went over my sheets.  Dad jolted a look at me, as his mood picked up.  "Why?  He put his hands all over you like that, and I strictly told him not to. You looked so scared, and I didn't like that" he said, bringing his volume up.  I sighed as I looked at him.  "I only looked scared because I didn't know he was doing it.  He didn't hurt me at all, just made me jump.  I'm fine" I said, as I continued to make the bed.  I pulled up from grabbing my pillow's out of the box, as a pair of arms wrapped around my chest, and I could feel dad's hair brush against my cheek.  

I stopped to look at him the best I could.  He didn't let go, didn't speak at first. He just continued to hold me in silence.  I heard him take a deep inhale, as his grip became looser, and he finally got off me.  "I love you, and you know that" he said, breaking the silence with. I turned around to face him, confused about what he was going to do. "I love you too.  But why did you flip out of Reiji like that?  It was a little uncalled for" I asked, but he interupted me.  Dad sighed as he spoke.  "It made me feel like he was going to hit you like Uncle Richter did. I didn't want to see that happen" he said, with a upsetting tone again.  I sighed as I kept quiet.  I didn't know what to say or do.  I didn't say anything as I just went back to making my bed.  I put the pillows to the bed in the correct place, as I took a step back.  Everything was in place, just the way I liked it. I huffed as I looked at the big empty box, that was in front of my night stand. It was next to a smaller box, that held all the stuff that I kept on and in my night stand.  Things like my brush, a little lamp that stood on and other things.   I sighed as I got on the floor and started to go through the box, pulling out things and putting them on the night stand.  I first started with the little lamp that went on top.  It was one of those twisty lamps, that you could bring over the bed.  I put it on the corner with the bed, as I made sure it could stretch over.  When I got it in the right spot, I plugged it in, and made sure it worked which it did.  Next I started to pull out my things for the draw, as I started placeing them inside.

I heard dad huff, as a box on the opposite side of the room shifted, and dad's footsteps entered the room.  "Let's put the empty boxes by the door for now.  I'll bring them outside later tonight or something." he said as I turned around to watch him, then went back to unpacking.  I finished unpacking my nightstand box, and put it with the other one by the door.  I went to get the one with clothes, as I heard shifting in the room.  I looked as I saw dad push giant boxes in the closet.  "Dad, what are you doing?" I asked, as he came back out of the closet.  It was a small closet, which looked like a tiny room.  "I'm making some more room.  I'm putting the boxes with the things that go in the closet in there, until we're ready for them.  I don't think we'll get to them tonight anyway, so their out of the way for now" he said as he went back to his bed.  I smiled as I went back to unpacking a box full of clothes at the birrow. 

I took the time to neatly fold each and every item, then place them inside the draw.  I had about four boxes full of clothes.  One had only shirts and pants, one had my pajama's in it, with some other stuff, and the last one had the clothes that I hung on my side of the closet.  I ended up putting the clothes for the closet in the closet, as well with the hangers for them.  I didn't bother hanging them up, seeing how I didn't need to mess with the closet, and I didn't need anything in the box yet.  I went back to the boxes for the birrow, as I continued to neatly fold the clothes, and put them in the proper draw. The more I empty the boxes, the more the pile at the door filled up.    I sat to take a break and see what I had left, which was only one box.  I sighed, as I watched my dad.  He stood up with his hands on his hips.  He took a huff, as he looked at the boxes on his side.  "Well Rowen, I don't know what's worse. Packing or unpacking" he said with a laugh.  I chuckled as I looked over at him.  "Can both be an option?" I asked him, in mid chuckle.    Dad chuckled a bit, as he shook his head.  "That's what I was" he said, as a knock entered the room.  "It's open" Dad yelled, as I turned over towards the door, as it opened.