Two minutes left

I woke up to his phone buzzing again. The buzzing seemed to burrow to my brain.

That's probably more of those desperate people. Those poor, poor loners. They're just like you. I'm sure Jungkook will be happy to oblige and kiss it better for them. They're just like you. Jungkook will leave you just as easily as he has for all the others and just as easily as he will for the others to come.

I told myself I would never date a player- this was the second time I had failed. This time was even worse: Jungkook was a player who got paid to play. He was one of those footballers getting paid to dive at the last second. He was like a diver edging to the end of the board but never jumping. Never letting himself fall. Never letting himself become immersed in the deep water.

Not like me. I was stuck at the bottom of the pool. Weights kissed by Jungkook clutched my feet and stopped me from escaping. I could see the light glistening at the surface, always too far for me to reach. I could see Jungkook standing on the board above. If he left I'd never be seen. If he jumped I'd be crushed. I hadn't a hope.

Might as well let myself drown.

I snatched the phone from the side and glared at the bright screen. It glared back with hundreds of messages. Missed calls filled the notification bar. Even his emails were fit to burst. The phone dropped from my hands. It hit the floor with a dull thud. I let it stay there.

Jungkook was in the kitchen making himself a coffee. Whistling bounced down the hall to my room.

The phone began to shake violently; I kicked it over with my foot. An unknown number was calling. The seventh one in one hour. Picking up the phone, I could feel my heart beating against my ribs violently, trying to escape. Wanting to abort the mission. Wishing it had never seen a glimpse of what could have been. Praying the curtains would just stay drawn. The door would just stay closed.

I answered the call and held the phone up to my ear. I muttered a greeting, unsure what to expect.

"Ah Jungkook! Finally! I've been calling you all day, where the hell are you? Oh it doesn't matter, I have about a million guys desperate for a fuck. Can you come back to the office tonight so I can show you the profiles? Jungkook?"

The phone dropped again. That's really all I was. One in a million guys desperate for a fuck. Hardly deserving of love. I was just another sad life for Jungkook to tick off on his to-do list. I was another needy child on Santa's list. He only came because his elves forced him.

I could still hear the bewildered man calling from the phone. The messages still peeked up curiously at me from his phone screen. I could see the lustful kisses from random Instagram followers; the love-struck tweets; the teasing texts.

I'd been played.

"How can you do this shit?" I screamed.

Jungkook ran in from the kitchen, eyebrows furrowed and mouth agape.

"You're a player! You're a bastard!"

Jungkook's eyes flickered from mine to his flashing phone. "I don't understand. What's happened?"

"You happened! Or I happened. I happened to be another of the guys you're paid to fuck and then fuck over. How can you live like that? Don't you know I have feelings? Don't you know we have feelings?"

"I'm trying to help with your feelings. My job-"

"Your job is bullshit!"

"Jimin, please, calm down. I'm an outlet for good emotions not bad ones. My job helps people."

"Your job hinders people, you idiot! You can't have a relationship in seven days! It's a stupid idea, how do you not see that? It sets you up for happiness and rips it away again!"

"You were happy yesterday, were you not? You were happy the day before as well, right? I haven't anything wrong- I've done it all right, I've made you happy. Admit it- say I've made you happy, Jimin, you know I have."

"I must have been deluded or drunk. I wouldn't put it past someone like you to do something like that."

"Why must you be like this now? We have two days left together. Don't you want it to be spent happily?"

"I don't want to spend it at all! I don't want to see you for another second let alone another day. Get out of my house. Get back to the monkeys that pay you."

I shoved past him and walked to the living room, pouring his untouched coffee down the sink.

"You're only hurting yourself Jimin. I'll be back tomorrow."

I won't open the door this time.