Chapter 21. Uncertainty

X-1 was moved to the medical bay of the Executioner to receive better treatment for his injuries.

The medical droid came with a report saying physically X-1 was dehydrated, his body wasn't responding correctly to the tests and he was overdosed on a drug meant to keep the microscopic droids from going rogue as they continued to travel through X-1's body, latching onto different parts for control.

Mentally X-1 was worse. He was traumatized, emotionally drained and far too dependent upon Vader. If these things persisted or Vader left him for too long X-1 could easily have a mental breakdown, go insane maybe or become suicidal.

Vader himself felt overwhelmingly guilty for what he had allowed to happen to Luke, but the droid said with time and proper care the boy would be alright, but it would take a long while to restore X-1's emotional and mental stability.

***

Leia's eyes opened, but she wasn't awake, was she?

It felt as though she was trapped between being awake and being asleep. Should she be scared? Around her she stood in an unfamiliar place, grey floors, white walls, and beds along edges of the room. Leia turned in a full circle before her eyes fell upon the one life form present.

Leia swallowed as she came forward, gaining the side of the bed, feeling tears sting her eyes as she looked down at the broken figure of Luke.

"Luke." Leia breathed softly, gently laying a hand on his head, stroking his hair like she had in the cell.

The boy stirred, finding himself trapped between being awake and sleep before looking up at her in confusion. Who was she? The Jedi? No, she had a name, X-1 knew that she had a name, that she was something to him, but what?

Leia frowned when her brother only stared at her in confusion, unable to clear his thoughts.

"It's me, Leia. I'm here now." She said gently, her other hand taking his as she leaned closer to look at him. His skin was greyish and dark circles were under Luke's eyes, he looked like death and anger boiled in Leia at the thought of what Vader had done to make Luke this way.

"It, it w-wasn't Vader..." X-1 spoke, stuttering softly, squeezing his eyes shut against his recollection of Sidious' deeds.

Leia frowned. "Then who was it?" She asked softly, deciding not to question the reason for Luke being able to hear her thoughts, this was after all some sort of bond, or at least that was what Leia speculated it to be.

"His master, Darth Sidious." X-1 said softly, speaking slowly, his voice hoarse.

"Darth Sidious?" Leia asked, not know who that was.

"The, Emperor." X-1 clarified, enhaling deeply as if just speaking was a great difficulty, even in the strange vision.

There was a calming silence for several minutes before a soft, innocent voice spoke. "Leia?"

Leia's grip tightened gently as she now recognized Luke, and he recognized her fully.

"Han? Is, is he alright?" Luke asked softly, worried for what he might have done to Han.

Leia smiled reassuringly and nodded.  "You didn't hurt him, he's okay." She whispered, her soft fingers continuing to travel through Luke's hair gently.

Luke sighed softly in relief before looking at Leia fearfully. "I don't want to hurt you, he'll make me hurt you." He said softly, tears filling his blue eyes.

Leia shook her head quickly. "No Luke, you won't hurt me, we're going to find you. We'll save you, just hold on." She said imploringly, leaning down and kissing Luke's forehead gently.