Ivy Snape

I am putting the Loki story on hold because I need to write a Sev and Vi sequel! Hooray! You all get your wish. Two wishes, to be precise...

--------------------------------

Violet's P.O.V.

It had been a few months since Harry's kid had started school at Hogwarts. I woke up next to Severus. He had one arm wrapped around me. He was smiling at me. 

"Good morning, my love." He said. 

"Good morning, darling." I said, kissing my husband of nineteen years.

Tom, my German Shepherd, jumped up on the bed and squirmed between us. He was such an attention seeker. He liked my face and I stroked his head. I sighed.

"I hate it when you do this." I said in a goofy voice. "Why do you have to get between me and Sev like this?" 

I got up and clipped Tom's leash on. He must have had to go out. I only made him have the leash when we walked through the castle. As usual, we had a few students wondering if they could pet my dog. I always let them. When we finally got outside, I unclipped Tom's leash and let him wonder. When he had done his business, I took out a tennis ball from my pocket and threw it for him. It went pretty far. Tom ran after it and I waited for him. When he came back, he didn't have the ball. He was barking like crazy, though.

"Tom, what's wrong?" I asked.

Tom started running away and looking back. He wanted me to follow him. I ran after my dog. When he stopped, he was standing over something. It was crying and sounded slightly like a puppy. Had someone abandoned a puppy here? I walked closer and nearly passed out in shock. Someone had left a baby here. 

"Oh my God!" I said. "What do I do? What do I do?" 

The baby was screaming bloody murder. I didn't know what to do. Severus would know what to do. 

"Stay!" I commanded to Tom. He stayed.

I sprinted back to Hogwarts. I ran up to Severus's office, taking the steps two at a time. I gave the password and ran in. 

"Sev!" I said. 

"What's wrong?" Severus asked.

"Come with me!" I said. 

Severus and I ran outside and I led him to where the baby was. Severus's jaw dropped open. I started sobbing. Who leaves a baby in a field in the middle of October? Severus picked the baby up.

"There's no note or anything." He said. "How did you find it?"

"Tom showed it to me. He made me follow him." I choked out. "I didn't know what to do, so I got you." 

"Shh." Severus said. He ran his fingers through my hair to try and calm me down. 

"We should find someone who can keep it." I said after I calmed down a little. Severus looked like I just suggested that we should get a divorce.

"Why? Shouldn't we keep it here and see if anyone comes to get it?" He asked.

"First of all, I don't think that we should call the kid an it. We should find out the gender and then pick out a name." I said. "And second of all, you always were a big softie." 

"Shut up." Severus said, smiling. "But I do agree with you. You check the gender."

"You do it!" I said. 

"I don't want to!" Severus said. 

"Fine." I groaned. "It's a girl."

"A girl." Severus murmered. "You can take the day off to take care of her and I'll teach you're classes."