The Chitauri

Loki's P.O.V. 

I woke up the morning after Ivy had gotten beaten. Neither of us had slept very well. My head was resting on Ivy's shoulder and her arm was wrapped around my shoulders. Violet was standing by the stairs, looking worried. I grinned at her to try and reassure her.

"Morning." I whispered.

"Hey." Violet said. "How did she sleep?"

"Not well." I said. "I healed her, but I couldn't take the pain away. She was tossing and turning the whole night." 

"Poor thing." Violet said. 

"Yeah, not to mention all the nightmares." I said.

"She's had nightmares?" Violet asked.

"Several." I nodded. "I had to keep waking her up." 

Violet sat down next to me and watched her daughter like a hawk. I kept my head rested on her shoulder and Violet kept her hand on Ivy's forehead. I hoped that Severus would expell Mintinic today. When Ivy finally woke up, it was nine in the morning. She smiled at ne and I grinned back.

"Good morning, love." I said. 

"Good morning, darling." Ivy said. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"It hurts to move." Ivy groaned. "I think my ribs are broken."

"I thought I healed you." I tilted my head in confusion.

"I forgot that Mintinic kicked me in the ribs." Ivy said. 

I started to put my hands over Ivy's ribcage, but Violet stopped me. I turned to look at her and she shook her head at me. 

"I think we should let these heal on their own." She said. "Partly because I know that Ivy loves being the center of attention, and partly...well, there is no other reason." 

"Haha, very funny, Mum." Ivy said. 

"I don't want her to suffer." I said. "I love her too much." 

"Go ahead, then." Violet said. 

I put my hands over Ivy's ribcage and the bright light radiated from my hands again. Ivy started writhing beneath me and Violet got up and walked away. I knew that she couldn't bear to watch her daughter in pain. When I had finished, Ivy smiled up at me.

"Thank you, Loki." She said.

"It was no problem." I said. I kissed her softly on the lips. 

"Are you done healing her?" Violet asked.

"Yes." I said. 

"Good." Violet said, turning around. My stomach growled and Violet laughed. "Well, someone's hungry."

"I had a fight with someone last night. I wouldn't exactly be shocked." I said. My stomach growled again. "I'm so hungry that I could eat a whole Asgardian feast." 

"Well, come on then." Ivy said, getting up. She winced a little.

I helped Ivy walk to the Great Hall and sit down. I sat next to her and everyone surrounded us. They all wanted to know how Ivy was doing and why that Asgardian scum was back, as they had put it. Ivy told them what had happened last night, but no one really believed that Mintinic had beat her up. The girls because they thought he was a sweetheart and the boys because he was extreamly popular. When Mintinic came in the room, he was limping and he had bruises all over his body. I smirked. I had mainly gone for his stomach, but that hadn't held me back from punching him where ever I could. He walked towards me and Ivy. I stood up and moved protectively in front of Ivy.