Reunited

Ivy's P.O.V.

It had been a week since Loki had broken up with me. Mum and Dad were letting me skip classes. I was staying in Mum's bedroom in her office since I was a complete mess and didn't want to go to the Ravenclaw common room like that. I was crying when Dad came into the room.

"You okay?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and removing my hair from my face.

"No." I said. "I thought he was the one." 

"I know." Dad said. "You know, I was actually beginning to like him a little."

"I really loved him." I said. 

"I know you did." Dad sighed. "Come here."

Dad pulled me into his arms and let me sob into his chest. He stroked my hair. When I had finished crying my eyes out, I had made a huge wet spot on my father's shirt.

"Sorry about that..." I said.

"It's fine." Dad said, holding up his hands. "I have many more like this." 

Dad stayed with me for a few more minutes and then left to go eat breakfast. I didn't go down with him, though. I didn't feel like eating. I stayed in bed listening to sad love songs (an iPod shuffle would totally work at Hogwarts) and reading romance novels where either someone died or the guy broke up with the girl all day long. Mum finally came in.

"Hey, how you doing?" She asked. "You're listening to that Mindy Smith song again?" 

"Yeah." I said.

"And you're reading The Fault in Our Stars for the 5,000th time?" Mum asked. I nodded. "I think you should take a walk to clear your head. That's what always works for me."

"Alright. I'll do that later." I said. My stomach growled.

"I thought you'd be hungry." Mum said. She set down a plate of food that she'd brought with. "Here." 

"Thanks, Mum!" I said. I wolfed the food that she'd brought me down and she laughed.

"I'll check on you in a few hours, okay?." Mum said, taking the plate. I nodded. Mum left after that.  

A few hours later, I was trying to get to sleep. I couldn't fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried. I didn't really want to go to sleep, though, because I would just have dreams about Loki. But I was so tired... I finally decided that I would do what Mum had suggested and take a walk around the castle to clear my head. Besides, a walk would also help to tire me out and fall asleep. I took a shower and brushed my hair. I put on my Hogwarts robes, since those were the only clothes I had in my mother's room. I walked out of her office. It was pitch black out, except for the moonlight. I walked for a few minutes before I started talking to myself.

"How dare he break up with me?" I said. "I thought we were getting along so well and then he breaks up with me because I'm mortal?! That never seemed to bother him before!" 

"Hey! Ivy!" Someone said. It was a male voice.

I turned around and groaned. The boy was Zac Mintinic. He had dark brown hair and ice-blue eyes and was the dream boyfriend of every girl in my year and his. He was a year older than me. I didn't like him at all, though. He was a smart aleck and always correcting my mother during her classes. He had the hugest crush on me, but like I said before, I hated him.

"What do you want, Zac?" I asked.

"I heard that Asgardian broke up with you." He said.

"Yeah. But it was mutual." I lied.