Loki Returns

Violet's P.O.V.

It had been 16 years since we had found Ivy. Harry's children had graduated from Hogwarts and Tom had died peacefully in his sleep. Ivy was a witch, thank goodness. We had told her that she was adopted when she was eight, but now that she was 16, she didn't really believe us. She was convinced that she had been a mistake and we just wouldn't tell her. How did I know this? She had confided in Severus and then Severus had told me. Severus and her had a special bond that I was jealous of. I felt like I was always the bad guy when she got into trouble. Ivy had been attending Hogwarts and it was her second to last year. She was in Ravenclaw. I woke her up on the first day of classes by shaking her awake.

"Ivy. Come on, you've gotta get up." I said.

"Mum, can't I just have five more minutes?" Ivy asked.

"Sorry, kid." I said. "You're gonna be late." 

"Why can't I just be homeschooled by you and Dad?" Ivy asked as she threw the covers off.

"Because we teach here. And I'm an even worse teacher than I am a parent." I said. Ivy laughed.

"You're not a bad parent." She said. 

"But you do favor your father over me. I can tell." I said.

"I love you both the same." Ivy said, but she didn't meet my eyes. I sighed.

"Just get dressed." I said, leaving.

Severus was in his office. Even though 16 years had passed, his hair hadn't grayed at all yet. I still loved him so much. Severus smiled at me and kissed me. I kissed him back and nuzzled my husband.

"Hello, my love." I said.

"Good morning, darling." Severus said. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Nothing's wrong." I said.

"Something's wrong." Severus said. "Violet, please tell me."

"I'm a little jealous of your relationship with Ivy." I confessed. "I feel like I'm not a very good mother."

"You are a good mother." Severus said. 

"No, I'm not." I said. "Why am I always the bad guy when she gets in trouble?"

"You're not the bad guy." Severus said. "You punish her as she should be punished."

"Sev, you don't understand." I said. "What if I'm turning into my father?" Severus tilted my chin towards his face. 

"Violet, you are not turning into your father." He said. 

"But I feel like I am." I said. Tears were starting to fall from my eyes and I wiped them away. Severus pulled me into his arms and stroked my hair. I looked up at him. "I don't deserve you."

"Yes you do." Severus said. "You've suffered enough." 

"I love you so much." I said.

"Get a room you two." Ivy laughed as she came down the stairs. "I'm going to breakfast. I'll see you there." 

"Okay." I said. Ivy left and I turned back to Severus. "Do you think she heard us?"

"Maybe." Severus said. "It doesn't matter. I can talk to her about it, if you want."

"No. If anyone's going to talk to her about it, it's me." I said. "The one reason I'm glad that you two are close is because I didn't have to give her the Talk." 

"Haha." Severus said sarcastically. "I hated that conversation."

"You know I would have done terrible trying to explain it to her. " I said.