Chapter Five: Don't Hurt Him

August POV

When Ronnie called me over to the car, I hesitated a bit but went anyways. As I approached the car I seen someone else in the passenger seat.

"Aye August, I'd like you to meet someone. Get in the back.", Ronnie told me.

Without any objection, I opened the back door and got in. The person sitting in the passenger seat turned around and faced me.

"August this is Rashad. Rashad, August.", Ronnie said without looking at either of us.

He extended his hand and I shook it as if I didn't know him.

This nigga, Rashad, was Selena's step-father. I see him around all the time but I've never spoken to him. I don't have any respect for him anyways because I don't condone hitting females. And even though Selena and I don't speak, I still care about her well being. She doesn't deserve that.

"Let's take a ride real quick. Is that alright with you, August?", Ronnie asked not really caring for the answer because he was driving off anyways.

I just nodded.

...

It started getting dark and we still didn't reach our destination. Ronnie and Rashad were both silent. And the fact that Ronnie didn't say anything about me leaving out of his house sort of puzzled me.

After about 10 more minutes of driving I came to the conclusion that Ronnie wanted to just find a far and dark enough place to kill me and then dispose of my corpse.

I wasn't afraid of death but at the same token I didn't want to die neither. I look forward to the future.

The car stopped and interrupted my thoughts.

"We're here.", Ronnie informed me.

...

9pm

May's POV

"Let me get this straight. Y'all like each other, y'all kiss on a regular basis, and y'all be alone a lot but y'all ain't dating. That makes no sense." Selena kept ranting on about me and August's relationship.

"It doesn't have to make sense. That's just how it is." I took a seat at the kitchen table and poured Selena and I some juice.

"And you sure y'all not hooking up?"

"Of course not. You know I'm not like that." I took a sip of my juice.

"Yeah I know you ain't like that but you seem head-over-heels for this guy."

"Well I'm not.", I lied.

She chuckled, "Girl whatever. I see the way you look at him. I've always noticed that, even in school. And I see the way he looked at you too. I can tell y'all really like each other."

I smiled to myself.

"Just better hope he ain't playing you.", she added while walking away into the living room, leaving me to dwell on her last words.

August POV

"So you ain't dating my sister?"

I shook my head no, "nah. I already told you that."

He nodded. "Alright, just wanted to make sure."

I sensed he still thought I was lying.

Even though I'm really not dating his sister.

"You don't believe me. Do you?", I asked already knowing the answer.

Ronnie just stayed silent.