Chapter Three: Hungry

May's P.O.V

I knocked on Selena's door but there wasn't an answer. I knocked again and again but still nothing. I pulled my phone out my back pocket, dialed her number and pressed it to my ear.

Ring...Ring...Ring

Just then she answered the door. She had a couple bruises on her arm.
"Nice of you to show up.", Selena said sarcastically. "Sel I'm so sorry, I was..." "Save it May.", Selena closed the door in my face. I was going to knock again but decided against it. Instead I turned around and headed back home while it started to rain. Damn.

2 pm

August POV

"August come here!". I rolled outta bed and headed to my mom's room. "Yeah Mom." "You were quiet, what were you doing?", she asked me. I looked at her, then at her new husband, then at my mom again; I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. "Mom what you need?", I was getting annoyed. "I need you to go and pick up Marc's medication from the pharmacy.", she said. I sighed.

I was getting tired of doing stuff for her so called husband. That nigga don't do anything for me nor does he do anything for my mom. All he does is use her in my opinion but I guess she's oblivious to that. It's sickening and I don't know how long I could take this.

"Did you hear what I said boy?", she asked. "Yeah yeah". I grabbed my black hoodie from my room, slipped it on and headed out. I already knew the routine. I would go to the pharmacy to get Marc's lying ass some placebos which was basically medicine that didn't do anything. They only give it to Marc because he's always complaining about his back and he swears the medication they give him helps, even though the medicine is just sugar water. His dumb ass.

And to top it off it was raining again, it's been raining a lot lately and frankly I'm getting tired of it.

"Aye man."

I heard a voice calling from behind me but I was too annoyed to turn around.

"Aye Aug I know you hear me!"

Without turning around I replied, "What you want Deandre?"

"C'mon man you just gonna ignore your best friend like that."

I put my hand in my pocket and kept walking.

"Nigga you is foul". I heard him trying to catch up to me.

"Listen I ain't in the mood right na, alright."

"Why? What did Marc do now?"

"Why do you think this concerns Marc?"

"Cause that nigga always get you upset. I personally don't like that nigga neither."

"Why?".

"I don't know, just don't like the way that nigga look. That nigga ugly."

I let out a chuckle, "You a fool, you know that?"

"Yeah, my momma always lets me know that."

I shook my head at him.

"But if you need me to get rid of that nigga, I know somebody."

I stopped walking and looked directly at Deandre, "What you mean by get rid of?"

He looked back at me, "Nigga! Do you want Marc to go bye-bye cause I can make that happen."

I stayed silent for a second actually considering it, "Nah man, I can fight my own battles."

He nodded, "So what's up with you and April?"

I laughed," Man you know her name."

"Well wassup with you and May? I heard y'all was messing around or something."