Chapter One: Wait is Over

... 7pm

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean?", my best friend Selena whined over the phone.

"I'm saying I gotta ask my mom. I can't just invite you over without at least mentioning it to her.", I replied.

I pressed my shoulder to my ear to hold the phone in place while I made my bed.

"And plus you only want to come over to see Ronnie.", I added.

Selena giggled, "Girl I wanna see you too not just your FINE older brother."

I laughed, "You're a mess Selena."

"I know he be checking for me.", she said.

"Not quite.", I said while laughing.

"Whatever, so what are you doing now?", Selena asked sounding uninterested.

"Just cleaning up my room a little.", I said to her.

As Selena continued to babble on the phone, I heard a familiar voice talking to my brother downstairs.

August.

"Girl I gotta call you back.", I said to Selena while hanging up without waiting for a response from her.

I knew I was gonna hear her mouth later for hanging up on her though.

I check myself out in the mirror and decided to put my hair up because my wild curls were making me hot.

When I thought I looked decent I crept out my room and down the stairs.

Indeed it was August and my brother having a conversation in the kitchen. It was a little weird because they never really talked before.

I listened in on their conversation while making sure I wasn't seen.

"Alright man, but if i put you on you're responsible for everything you sell. You know that, right?", Ronnie asked.

"I know that.", August said nonchalantly.

"Alright, let me make some phone calls then.",Ronnie said.

August nodded.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I knew Ronnie sold drugs, hell, everyone knew that, but AUGUST. No. August is a good boy. He does very well in school. He is one of the smartest guys I know. He attends church sometimes too. He's on the right path right now, with his music and all. I can't let him do that to himself. Even if I don't know him that well.

~~

Ronnie walked outside to talk on the phone while August stayed seated idly in my kitchen.

This was my chance to talk with him so I walked in the kitchen slowly.

"H-hey August.", I said sort of nervously.

He looked at me and smiled as if I had made his day.

"Wassup ma? Ronnie said you were still asleep."

"Nah, I've been awake for a while now.", I said while taking a seat across from him.

"Oh.", His eyes roamed my face. "You look pretty ma."

"Thanks", I said while blushing.

He laughed, "You know you ain't gotta be shy around me, right?"

I nodded.

"Then why are you so shy then?", he asked.

"Why do you think I'm shy around just you?", I asked.

"Cause every time I see you with your little loud ass friends, you're loud and forever laughing. And then when you're around me, you keep quiet.", he said while looking at me like he proved a point.

"That's not true.", I lied while trying to hide my smile.

He smiled, "You're something else."

"So...", I started to change the subject.

"How about your music?".

"What about it?", he asked.

"When am I gonna hear you sing the songs you wrote?", i asked him.

"When do you wanna hear them?", he asked me.

"Um... Do you think you could sing one now?", I asked, nervous of what his response might be.

"Depends.", he stated simply.

"On what?".

"If you show me to your room or not.", he said.

"Wait...why?", I asked sort of thrown off by what he said.

"I wanna see your room. I always see it from my little window and I'm just curious at what it looks like.", he said with a smile and the thickest Nola accent I have ever heard.

I mean I have an accent but he had an ACCENT. It made me weak every time I heard it.

"Fine but once you see it, you better sing boy.", I said while grabbing his hand leading him to my room.

...

Once we were in my room I plopped on my bed. I was glad I cleaned up today.

August just looked around and I watched his every movement. I couldn't help it, he was so beautiful to me.

"You a Weezy fan?", he asked pointing to my Lil Wayne poster on the wall.

"Of course, you know he's a New Orleans native, so I gotta support."

He nodded.

After several minutes of August being nosey, he decided to sit down on the bed with me.

Without me saying a word, he began to sing:

" Shawty walked up in the room fiending for some quiet time,

Ain't had it in a while so on top of me she climbed

She fell to the ground, and that girl she found

Something so sweet, she could wrap her lips around, fiending for her body, and that ain't no lie..."

His voice was so goddamn beautiful. Every note he hit made me so very weak. His lyrics were also on point.

As I listened to his lyrics more I noticed that they were extremely sexual even though I didn't expect the lyrics not to be, it made me feel some type of way.

When he finished the song I stared at him for a bit before speaking.

"That was beautiful.", I said seriously.

He smiled,"Thanks ma, 'preciate it.", he said looking down at the ground.

"What's the name of that song?", I asked.

He looked up at me with a look I've never seen from him before.

"Quiet Time.", he said almost in a whisper while biting down on his lip, staring at me.

August was giving me chills. I couldn't help but to blush again.

"W-what made you wanna make that song?", I asked nervously.

August just stared at me for a bit then out of nowhere he pressed his lips to mine.

God blessed me tonight.