The Freshman loves the Sophomore (13)

Bryson still wasn’t making much progress in the hospital. Dad spent day and night there. He was a wreck but would do anything for his son. I spent my days babysitting Samantha and Jackson while Marina was at work. I did practically nothing all day. I was dreading going back to school in a week but I knew I had no choice.
New Years Eve came and went this year. Usually we'd throw a party and make a big deal out of it, but not this year because of Bryson. The family wasn’t really in the mood to do anything until we knew Bryson was OK.
Carson was still mad at me. We haven't spoken and I'm not sure where things between us are going right now. I wanted to forgive him but the problem was that he wasn’t sorry. This whole fight started because of practically nothing. I was he understood more of where I was coming from so we could just forget it.
On the night before school started again, my phone rang late at night. I looked at the number and wasn't sure if I should smile or ignore the call.
It was Carson.
"Hello?" I finally answered.
"Sophie... it's me..."Carson mumbled. "I just want to say sorry... I feel bad..."
I took a breath. "I forgive you."
Carson breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you going to school tomorrow?"
"Yes. I think." I replied.
There was an awkward silence.
"Can you meet me outside real quick?" He asked.
"Um... Why?" I asked, confused.
Carson laughed on the other end of the phone. "I want to kiss you."
"No. It's late and..." I trailed off. "Fine, I will!"
We hung up and I ran downstairs to meet him.
The sky was pitch-black. The moon was full and there were gloomy clouds in the sky. I was in my pajamas and slippers with my hair in a bun on the top of my head. Carson came walking towards my driveway in plaid pants and a t-shirt. I was surprised he wasn’t cold like I was.
I smiled and waved.
“Hey.” Carson said, wrapping his arms around me. “You OK now?”
I shrugged. “I’m still super worried about Bryson. My dad stays at the hospital 24/7. I just hope Bryson makes some improvement.” I paused. “I’m glad things are better with me and you, though.”
Carson nodded. “I realized it was stupid of me to get mad at you and at Cal. He was just comforting you.” He took a breath and looked into my eyes. “I should have really been there for you. I’m really sorry.”
“I forgive you.” I said. “It wasn’t that big of a deal. We were both wrong. I should have come to you to tell you what was happening and you should have understood where I was coming from better. You shouldn’t feel so bad, Carson. Nobody’s perfect.”
Carson kissed my lips. “I know, but you’re my girlfriend and I just hate seeing you hurt and feel really bad for hurting you.”
“It’s OK. Just stop talking about it and it’ll be alright.” I smiled.
He smiled at me and kissed me again. This time it was deeper and more affectionate. I ran my fingers through his hair as we made out. Carson’s hands were placed firmly on my waist. I didn’t want to let this moment go.
I pulled away from Carson and smiled. “I should go. It’s late and I’m not supposed to be out here anyway.”
“Ok. See you in the morning.” Carson said before kissing me one last time.
I waved as he walked back to his house.
Then I went inside and fell fast asleep.