Chapter 8

(Name) grinned cheekily as she stared at the finished sketch of her brother. If one thing was for sure, (Name) was a talented artist. She gently placed her sketch book on the full sized bed and was about to walk to the kitchen to grab a snack when the vibration of her phone on her dresser distracted her from her sole mission for food.

It was an unknown number, but she regardless picked it up the call. "Hello," she greeted, "this is (Name) speaking."

"(Name), this is Agent Phil Coulson."

"Oh!" she gasped and quickly closed the door to her room "Yes, sir? What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to ask about you working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and if you had made your decision," he replied.

(Name) smiled and responded back in an excited voice, "Yes, I do, sir."

"Great. One of the agency's cars will pick you up in an hour."

  ~*~*~*~*~*~      

Johnny scrambled around the kitchen for something to munch on until he opened the cupboard and found some Jiffy Pop. Using his hand as the heat source to pop his buttery snack, Johnny walked over to the couch and turned on the television with the remote. (Name) had left a note on the fridge stating she was "taking care of private business." Come to think of it, (Name) was never really home. He didn't know what to think every time she left the building. His thoughts would only make him imagine her out with the doctor.

The longest that (Name) went of not being at home was almost two weeks. His heart would ache with her not being around anymore. Johnny opened the aluminum little pan and ate some popcorn as he decided to watch the X-games to take his mind off things.

  ~*~*~*~*~*~      

(Name) quickly dodged the arrows that were coming her way in the dimly-lit room. She grabbed her handgun that was in her holster and aimed it at the target. She pulled the trigger and shot multiple times until the little robot exploded. Claps erupted in the room as Agent Coulson, Agent Romanoff, and Hawkeye entered the little arena. "You did very well, Agent Grimm," Romanoff complimented. "How are you feeling?"

"Great," (Name) replied out of breath as Clint Barton, better known as Hawkeye, handed her a white towel to wipe the sweat off her forehead, "I'm excited to go out into the field soon."

"All in due time, ma'am," Coulson replied. "You're dismissed."

"Why don't we go out for a while?" Natasha suggested as the trio walked to the locker rooms.

"The X-games are here in New York," suggested Clint as he stood by the male locker room door.

"Sounds like a plan," (Name) agreed as she and Natasha went to change into some casual attire.

  ~*~*~*~*~*~      

Johnny's brows furrowed as a thought formed, a mischievous smile on his lips. He was going to go to the X-games. He walked over to the closet and pulls out his space uniform and leather jacket and headed out the door to the garage where his car was waiting.

  ~*~*~*~*~*~      

"It's packed in here," (Name) shouted through the screams of the fans in the stands. The stadium was very packed as the trio walked over to their seats. When (Name) told Phil her decision to join, she didn't think things were going to be hectic. She was wrong.

She barely had any time to see Rami or her brother and friends. After talking to Rami that she wouldn't have time to see him, the pair thought it was best to be friends. (Name) was a little disappointed since she did like him, but it was the best for both of them.