Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Art History. Okay. Cool.

Annabelle had spent her first night at college in bed, attempting to sleep, as Natalie and Oliver and most of the other students partied the night away.

Wow.

She really was a nerd.

She sighed.

The nightmares had come back again. Again, this morning, she had woken up, tangled in the sheets, breathing so heavily that she was close to hyperventilating. 

It was 5:00am in the morning, and Natalie was passed out on her bed, shoes still on, makeup smudged.

Annabelle got out of bed, checked to see if Natalie was still alive (she was) and got dressed.

She looked horrid, but didn't really give two shits, and tossed on black.

Black tshirt, with big, white words spelling VOGUE (she had no idea how she had got it, but it had a nice cut) black knit throw-on, black converses, and black skinny jeans.

Black black black.

That was all she ever wore.

It was just a form of recovery. That was all. Just..... Recovery.

She sighed again, quietly, and wrapped her arms around her frame, hugging herself.

She'll survive. She always did.

Luckily, she managed to not poke her eye out as she coated her lashes with thick black mascara, but didn't put on any eyeliner, because she didn't feel like being that type of person that day, and by the time she had found all her books, and wallet with money for lunch (she was going to have to get a job soon), Natalie's alarm suddenly went off, making her jolt awake with a shriek, and tumble off the bed.

Annabelle stifled a giggle. She was in a surprisingly good mood that morning.

"Want me to do a coffee run? There's a Starbucks just down the road,"

Natalie flashed her a grateful smile from the floor.

"Yes please. Goddamnit 'Belle, you're a lifesaver,"

Annabelle just laughed as she left the room.

* * *

The Starbucks (god, she felt like such a white girl) was not very far at all, so Annabelle didn't even have to rush as she plugged in her earphones, wincing as the blast of music hit her eardrums.

She stumbled over a potplant as she entered the Starbucks, stumbling into someone.

"Oh gosh, I am so sorry, seriously I am so clumsy-" she started, but stopped suddenly as her gray eyes connected with a familiar hazel pair.

Gerard's mouth twitched up in a smile.

"Fancy seeing you here again, Miss Carter."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

ugh its short lol soz

so yep dedicated to my dear friend Traci, who actually introduced me to My Chemical Romance in the first place. Thanks.