fifteen

"Yo, wait, let me get a piece!" I shouted as I hurriedly wrapped the towel Lydia had given me around my body and ran to the trampoline, where they had put boxes of pizza.

  "No worries, I got you Jessie! Pepperoni or cheese?" Chance shouted and took a bite out of a slice of a cheese pizza.

  "Pepperoni!"

  He nodded and quickly (and messily) grabbed a slice from the box after pushing Justin over. He nearly fell as he jogged over to me and delivered me the slice with a smile.

  We both broke out into laughter. "Imagine... you choking... on the whole slice of pizza as you fell!" After my comment, we could barely breathe.

  "I feel really alone in here now," Logan sighed as he floated in the middle of the pool, while everyone was either eating pizza outside or sitting inside. "Come back!"

  I swallowed my bite of pizza. "But we're eating. And you should too,"

  He shook his head. "Nah, too much effort."

  "Logan," I sighed. "It's six o'clock. The last time you ate was at one. Get a slice of pizza and eat."

  He looked at me with a smirk. "Ooo, dominant." I stopped chewing right then and shook my head as he got out of the pool. Everyone that was outside laughed, and I couldn't help but smile.

  "Nah, I'm not really 'bout that dom life." I shrugged and took another bite from my pizza. "I'm definitely more of a bottom than a top." I patted Logan's back and walked back over to the trampoline to grab another slice of pizza, and I earned a few 'OHHHH's from everyone. I looked over to Logan and saw that he was blushing.

  We all hung out of the pool for a little longer, and Evan gasped when he saw my plate. "You don't eat the crust?!" He pretended to be offended.

  I shrugged and threw the plate into the nearby trashcan. "It's more of like a mood thing."

  "The crust is the best part!"

  "Only if it's stuffed! The crust doesn't hold the flavor, the toppings do."

  "The crust is what makes pizza, pizza!"

  "Are y'all seriously fighting over pizza?" Erika looked at Evan and I with a smile, and we both nodded. "Now that is a fight that I can get behind."