Last Performance

Hello!
I guess you are new here and don't know..  Well hey there..

My name is Hanna and I'm the main dancer of my school. Not the ordinary dances but the sword dance.

Look can decivie didn't it.

But in my case.. Smile can be deceiving.

A sword dancer should have the grace and confident in every movement. I'm not bragging myself,  but I do really think that sometime, I should have the credit for my own.

Being the oldest daughter, sometime make you invicible. Scratch that, it's always the same, Invisible.

Ghost..

No one see..

No one know..

Importantly, no one love..

All my life, I have been practiced to pull on my glorious and happy facade.

My parents, they don't care about me. It's always been my younger sister. Yep, everything about me for them is useless and pathetic.

I got the number one place in the class.

I won the sword dance competition.

The school asked me to perform.

No.. Nada.. Nothing.. No matter how hard I'v trying to make them proud of my archievement, in their eyes, my sister is the best.

I don't know. Why. I'm just like a ghost for them.

No love.

No care.

Can you imagine my life where there I'm standing as the 9 years old girl holding a trophy in front of them. Waiting for them to be happy for me.

But instead, They walk past me and hug my sister lovingly.

Am I too ugly?

Am I too useless?

Am I too invisible?

Now I'm 16. 16 years had past in my life and it's still the same,  being ignored by your own parents that once you do really love.

I'm famous, for my dance skill and the way my swords move to kill. Wearing mask of happiness. Smiling alone, other people congrating me for my dances and achievement, I should be happy.

But the hole inside my heart is keeping me captive. I just want my parents attentions, their love.

I'm envy of my sister.

Huh.. Looking at the spectator in front of me, I smile and take a deep breath.

Today is the end school ceremony and the principal had asked me to perform. What can I say they love me.

Love me for my facade.

With the swift movement of my swords. I start on dancing and wield my swords. Full of grace that I practiced.

Stabbing the air in front. With the memories of being a ghost for my family.

Standing on my tip toe and one of my leg up, I spin with grace and sword beside.

Dropping the sword, I take the bow with me and do a black flip. Sending the arrow straight to the apple, people cheering.

Side flip there, black flip there with my daggers crossed in front.

I'm on the middle of the stage, where everyone can See Me.

Dancing just like a sword dancer should be, I glance around looking for my parents.

At the corner of my eyes,  I saw them sitting at the side, with their signature not caring and bored face.

They are here to make a good impression as the parents of mine. But the truth is they are not.

My heart started to crumple into pieces again. I just want you to See Me as your daughter for once, to be proud of.

Tears started to appear and with every movement there come on tear fall onto the floor.

I throw the dagger to the side and the crowd cheer again.

I jump forward with my feature like movement.  With one of my knee down, I grab my sword earlier and bring it to my throat.

People waiting to see what happening, they think this is part of the performance, well maybe half of it but well..

Tears fall rapidly on my cheek. Smiling the tight smile, I shouted

Bye! My last performance in my life!

I can see the people eyes widen when they heard me shouting. Immediately, I slit my throat with the sword and gasp can be heard inside of the hall.

People standing, wide eyed. Including my parents. They run toward me.

I don't regret anything, I'm finally free from being a ghost. I finally show them what they do to me.

I finally show my parents that I'm already fed up on putting the facade and being a ghost in their life.

I ended my life by doing my most favourite things, Sword dancing and wielding my weapons.

The voices around started to sound like a slow motion, blinking too.

In the pool of blood, I smile.

This is my last performance,

This time I will be the real dead ghost. Dancing on the stage, the place that I once died on.