Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“We’re here” Aaron informed me as we halted infront of the house. I looked up from my game of Temple Run and studied the house. It was quite big, and it did have a homely feel but it was very…detached and lived very close to the forest which was opposite the road. What if there are murderers lurking around or maybe some vampires? “Ready sis?”

I looked at him with a grin and placed my hand in his. I’d never ask for a better twin or brother, Aaron was awesome. We were fraternal twins so we didn’t look very similar. I had my dad’s dark reddish brown hair and my mom’s bright blue eyes. I had a small button nose with full rose lips. My complexion was fair and I was 5ft6. Now, Aaron had mom’s blonde hair that he kept messy but in a ‘cute’ way (his words, not mine). He had dad’s warm brown eyes, he had a chiselled jaw and his skin was quite fair too but slightly tanned than mine since he spends more time outside than I. He is also way taller than me, his muscly body stood at 6ft2!

“Ready bro, let’s go” We opened our car doors and walked out to the trunk. “When you said it was quiet, I didn’t think you meant this quiet” I couldn’t even hear any cars zooming past or music, people talking, nothing. “I’m getting bored already” I murmured, slapping Aaron’s hand away from my luggage. We’ve actually met grandpa before but we’ve never been to his house, maybe when we were babies but I obviously have no memory of it.

“Ally! Aaron!” Grandpa yelled, running out from his house with his arms out wide.

“Even though I’m the eldest, my name is always last” Aaron mumbled under his breath.

“1, it’s because he loves me the most. 2, I’m more mature” I told him, with a superior grin. “Grandpa!” I screamed, running towards the old man with my arms out wide. He suddenly stopped and waited for me to approach him. I slowed down a little so the impact wasn’t so great; we hit each other and enveloped the other into a big hug.

“My little Ally, how are you?” he cooed, letting go of me to pinch my cheeks.

I rubbed my cheek though I couldn’t wipe the grin off of my face. “I’m good grandpa! How are you?” I asked, poking him in the stomach where he seemed to have lost a bit of weight. I gasped loudly. “Grandpa! You lost weight!” I grinned at him.

“I try my best” he said, patting his stomach.

“Grandpa” Aaron greeted, walking up beside me whispering. “Real mature”

“This is not how the men in our family do it Aaron, come on, bring it in” Grandpa said, making his arms wider for Aaron. I snickered as I walked back to the car, feeling Aaron’s daggers at the back of my skull.

I hauled my massive purple suitcase out of the car, accidently bumping it on the pain, possibly leaving scratches. Oh well. I settled it on the ground and grabbed my duffle bag, and my backpack.

“I’ll go inside and make some nice lemonade, you guys go on up and pick a room” Grandpa said, turning around and walking back inside.

“Ah! What did you do?!” Aaron yelled at me, his face going red. Woops, well, it was his fault for picking a black Ferrari…the scratches would show, furthermore what parents in their right mind would buy a seventeen-year-old a Ferrari?! Of course, ours.

“Nothing!” I defended myself. “I took my case out!”

“My car!” he screamed, running his fingers over the long white scratch, sticking out like a sore thumb against the black paint.

“It’s fine! You can’t even see it!” I was a pretty good liar, even though this is one of the worst lies I’ve ever told. This scratch was like…a line of chalk on a blackboard.