Part Eight- Birthday

Waking up with someone’s arms around you has to be the bests feeling ever, lying there, and feeling the warmth escape from their body into yours. Hearing and feeling the beat of their heart as they sleep peacefully locked with you in their arms. Snuggling until you are so comfy and cosy all you have to do is close your and you would drift into a dream filled with love and happiness. The moment you wake up and know you never want to let go of your special person. If you feel this way, you are very lucky, keep a hold of them, like I want to with Luke.

My eye fluttered open as I feel the stroking of Lukes hand on my arm as he admired me. I smiled and turned round to look at him with his blissfully blue eyes. I knew I never wanted to move. I put my head on his chest listening intently to his heartbeat as I heard it speed up when snuggled into him. He kissed my forehead, sending chills down my spine as his cold lips touched my scalp. The moment was endless, perfect some would say. I never wanted to not feel Luke beside me ever again. It was something that was not worth going through because whenever I wasn’t with him I wanted to be, the fact I’m part of the band means I don’t spend months apart when they go on tour, as the will need the ukulelist for some of their songs. Just as I was starting to drift back into a wonderful dream our door is swung open and in comes 3 boys shouting “HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIARA” with banners and those wee mini flute things, trying to make as much noise as possible. I groan turning around and sitting up on the bed, having presents shoved in my face. We were going to the recording studio today so we got a bit of a lie in, I looked around the room and my boyfriend and 3 best friends thinking what I would be doing right now if I never had met them, probably at my parents’ house opening cards and gifts. I felt a warm glow from inside me as I realised how much better my life is now. I’m in a band for starters, u have a boyfriend, and 3 best friends who are more like brothers as I see them every day now. I stared at a big box which was put in front of me. It was from the 4 of them. I stared at it, looking trying to use my imaginary x-ray powers to see what I was getting before I opened it. The box was huge, I didn’t have a clue what it could be. I got out of bed and walked over to it, just wanting to rip the paper off and see what was inside. Before I even managed to take two steps I was dragged back to the bed by Michael saying “no Ciara you’re not allowed to open it yet, we want you to suffer by staring at it and opening your cards and eating your breakfast, which Ashton was handing to me. I could see all of them drooling as I bit into the crispy bacon they made. Their faces showing how hungry they all were. I rolled my eyes and gave in and said “do you guys wa-“before I could even finish what I was asking Michael dove straight it and ate a sausage quickly followed by the others grabbing anything they could. I was left with the egg, mainly because it had to be cracked and that took too much time for them. I stared at me empty plate feeling not at all full, but not showing it as I wanted to open my present.

They all gave me a card, they were all really big. I didn’t know who’s to open first so I closed my eyes and picked one, it was calums. The envelope was taped, I couldn’t fine one wee bit that wasn’t covered by tape, and it was like he wanted me to struggle. I gave up handing it to calum to open and turns out, he left a tiny but not taped so he looked good when I couldn’t open it, typical calum. When I actually got to the card. It wasn’t what I was expecting, it didn’t have anything on it, it was like a piece of a card. Suddenly, Ashton grabbed loads more cards and put them on the bed saying “there is another three that match to make you card, you have to find them” with a huge smirk on his face as I stared at the amount of cards that was thrown at me. How the hell was I supposed to find 3 cards out of this many? I just started picking up random cards and opening them hoping it was a piece of the broken card. I was going to kill them.

They all sat there, laughing at me, at the height of wrong cards and ripped envelopes that was slowly growing, only managing to find one more piece after 30 cards, still having loads left to go through. I tried to look at the upside, all these cards were professionally done so it must have cost them a fortune.

After about half an hour, I finally found all four pieces of my card. Luke handed me tape as I started to tape it all together. It was a moon pig card, it looked like one of those video ones. Ashton handed me his phone on the app that was needed to view the video as I started to watch it. It was our recording, of the single we wrote, with me in it. It sounded amazing, I was so shocked, we weren’t supposed to get this until next week. I looked at the boys in utter amazement as I listened to our voices and instruments of our single. I want to watch it over and over again. I looked up at them all seeing a smirk lining all of their faces as I leaned in for a group hug and kissed Luke. I looked at them all saying “this is amazing, thank you so much, how did you manage to get this? I thought it was only ready next week?” calum them looked at Luke saying “Luke pulled a few strings and they got it ready early for today” I look at Luke at kiss him as he starts to blush. I look over at the tall box still waiting to be ripped to pieces by my anxious hands. I looked at them, then at my present, pleading to them with my eyes begging them to let me open it. They looked at each other, then at me and Ashton rolled his eyes and said “fine, go open it” I jumped out of bed and raced to the box, ripping it as fast as I could. When the paper was scattered about the floor, I lifted the lid to see a huge life-size teddy in the box. It was slightly smaller than me. I was about to lift it out when calum said “no, wait, before you lift it out look at what is in its arms” I stood on my tip toes and looked into the box. I saw a ukulele, lying in the bears arms. I gasped and started jumping about the room. I ran over to the boys and hugged them all so tight screaming “thank you thank you thank you” I lifted the beautiful little thing out and stared at it in awe. I hugged it and started to play a wee tune to get a sound of the strings. It sounded absolutely amazing. I out the ukulele on the bed and tried to lift the teddy out. I was too small. Luke stood up and walked over lifting it out for me and whispering in my ear “I hope he isn’t replacing my night cuddles” with a smirk which makes me laugh as I nod and say “sorry, but if you didn’t want me to hug it then you shouldn’t have got me it” and I started to laugh. He walked over to his bedside cabinet taking it a small bag and walking over to me saying “since I’m your boyfriend I got you something extra” I took the bag from him and inside was a small black box. I immediately thought of an engagement ring but it quickly left my brain when I knew he wouldn’t as we are far too young. I lift out the box and slowly opening it revealing a pair of diamond earrings that would be worth a lot more than a birthday gift. I stare at them with shock as I lift them out and put them in my ears. I look to Luke for approval that they were nice and said “they look amazing on you, just like I thought” I gave you I nice kiss as he grabbed the teddy from behind me and said “ha, you’re not getting him back unless you promise I will still get my night cuddles” I rolled my eyes and wanting my teddy back, I reluctantly agree to his demand as I looked to the other boys saying “so what do you guys have planned for today?” and the look to each other and say “you will see…”