♥️

nat
(a week later)

"natalie." joey said to me as he pulled me into a hug.

"joey." i responded mocking his tone. i wrapped my arms around his waist as we stood standing.

"would you be my girlfriend?" he asked. why'd he have to do that.

i hesitated and then released the hug.

"joey, you're an awesome guy. and i truly do love you so much, but i think we should only be friends. i don't think i want that kind of relationship with us, i'm sorry. but can we still be best friends?" i asked looking up into his bright hazel eyes. man, he was beautiful.

he set his chin on my forehead. he didn't say a single word for awhile.

"okay, as long as i don't have to lose you. youre one of the best things that has ever happened to me." he still held my waist as we reconnected the hug.

i held him tight. he kissed the top of my forehead and rested his full lips there for a second. i looked up at him and we both stared into each other's eyes. in that second he held my chin and pecked my lips.

his full, red lips separated from mine as we just smiled at eachother.

there was no spark, there was no "this is the one" feeling, but there was the "i never want this to end feeling."

joey's a great guy, but i don't think i want to be in a very romantic relationship with him, but i want him to stay in my life and not leave just because i don't want us to be together.

"promise me you won't leave now?" i questioned but boldly stated as i grabbed his hand.

he intertwined our fingers and replied "promise."

(hi everyone! i haven't been on wattpad in forever and i don't know if anyone still reads these but i'm publishing some drafts from two years ago. i know it's nov. 2020 and this was written in 2018 so bear with me yall. so if you're still here enjoy :) )