six

I am sorry, I haven't been able to reply to all your comments. Please know that I read them and I really appreciate them. Thank you for those who are still reading this story.

Updates will be sporadic at best. 

***

"Samuel, alam mo if Dei didn't forgive me right away, lagot ka sa akin!"

"Oo na! Kasalanan ko na."

"Kasalanan mo naman talaga. Kung hindi natin hinabol yung babae na akala mo yung girlfriend mo niloloko ka at may kasamang iba, e di sana I got home on time. Kakaalis pa lang ng cast ko one hour before that incident tapos pinagmotor mo ako. Di ba last time na nag-motorcross tayo na-hospital ako? Tapos hindi naman pala yung girlfriend mo, kamukha lang pala!"

"Sorry na, Ricardo! Kahit ano, gagawin ko!"

"Magsorry ka sa asawa ko. Aba, alas-tres na tayo ng umaga nakauwi at nagmotor tayo."

"Oo, pupunta ako sa bahay niyo, wait, kumusta na si Dei?"

"Eto, kakarating ko lang sa bahay. Ngayon ko lang malalaman ang result ng test."

"Baka may little RJ or little Dei na."

Little RJ. Little Dei. He hasn't thought of that, yet. Dei and Richard haven't really talked about kids. well, they have but only in passing. The thought of a little RJ and a little Dei running around the house made Richard smile.

"Love?" Dei's voice brought him out of his reverie.  "A penny for your thoughts? Mukhang ang lalim ng iniisip mo ah?"

Dei is on their bed resting. Richard gives her a gives her a quick kiss.

"Kwento ko sa iyo later. Dei, what did the doctor say?"

Dei sits up. "RJ, Love. Promise me huwag ka magagalit?" 

Richard sits next to her and holds her hands, exhales and replies, "I will try."

She proceeds to tell him that during her time in the University, she fainted once, good thing Sophie was there and brought her to the hospital. She was diagnosed with iron-deficiency anemia. She had iron supplements and had visited the doctor regularly then. 

"I haven't visited the doctor in two years. Akala ko okay na ako e. I have been feeling great"

"So iron supplements lang and we have to go to the doctor for a follow-up checkup?" 

"RJ, he also said something. He says that if we want to have a baby soon, it would be best if I can get the iron deficiency fixed before the pregnancy. Being iron-deficient can cause pregnancy complications daw."

Richard engulfs her in an embrace and kisses her head. 

"Why didn't you tell me before? Dei, no secrets tayo di ba?"

"Treatable naman siya. I just forgot to tell you. Akala ko talaga okay na ako."

"Hay naku, Dei. Tinakot mo ako."

"I'm really sorry."

They kiss and soon enough, the two finds themselves nearly naked. 

"Dei, stop muna ha? You haven't been able to get enough rest just yet. Kanina andito yung mga kapatid mo and ayaw pa nga ni Nicola umuwi hangang hindi ako ang naghatid and I promised her a sleepover kapag okay ka na."

Dei laughed and said, "Yang pamangkin ko talaga. Ang clingy! By the way, Mommy tortured the doctor earlier, your cousin. You know how she could be very persuasive, she asked him several times to run the test to see if I was pregnant. It was the iron-deficient lang talaga ako. You know she didn't believe him. She called the laboratory, may blood pa daw ako doon and had it run again. Pinapriority niya yung test. Same results"

"Si Mommy talaga! Tinakot siguro yung technician." 

They both laughed. They knew that Rose Faulkerson can be very persuasive when she wants to be.