Tom |Tired Trip|

A/N: Okay, this chapter is probably crap, because if it isn't obvious by now, I'm pretty bad at writing for a child!Reader, but I'll try? Anyways, I'm pretty sure I used up all of my inspiration on the last chapter, so sorry if this sucks!

Request for: @Fandom_Trash_Chan who is an excellent writer, and I hope they enjoy!

It was strange, seeing all that stuff tied to the roof of the car. Colorful, plastic-like fabric cylinders made the majority of what was up there. Honestly, you had no idea what this stuff was, or why it was there.

Just as you went to find someone for answers, you were lifted into someone's arms. Judging by the green hoodie, and the height at which you had been lifted you could only assume it was Edd who picked you up.

"Hey, kiddo!" It seemed you were right, it was indeed Edd, "You ready to go?" He asked you. You became confused, go where? What was going on?

"Go where?" You asked, tilting your head. Edd sighed softly to himself.

"Never trust Matt to forget a secret or to remember any important information, that's what I always say..," He mumbled, but it didn't seem like you were meant to hear him, "We're going camping, silly!"

You'd never been camping before, but you knew what it was. Camping was often shown in the cartoons you watched, and books you read. You weren't sure what to make of the idea, but you hoped it would be fun.

"Okay!" You chimed, Edd setting you down once more, before he told you to get in the car.

As you clambered into the vehicle, you heard the brunet calling for the three who were still in the house. Soon enough, they all joined you in the car.

Like always, Edd was driving. And because Tom and Tord couldn't be trusted to sit together without fighting, and because Tord would likely pester Matt to the point of tears, Tord sat up front. On your right was the aforementioned crybaby ginger himself, and Tom was sitting to your left.

The drive to wherever began, and soon the soft rumble of the car, mixed with the familiar chatter of everyone talking had you drifting off to sleep. You leaned yourself onto Tom's side, feeling the blue-hooded boy shift so you could both be comfortable, before you fully fell asleep.

You awoke with a groggy sigh, rubbing the tiredness from your eyes as you sat up. It took you a moment to realize, but now you were in a completely different place, and the car was already slowing to a stop. Just as you all had piled into the car before, everyone filtered back out.

This place you had arrived in was nothing like the suburban neighborhood you had come to know and love. There were no houses lined up and down carefully managed sidewalks and roads. Instead tress grew in dense, branches reaching and twisting up towards the sky to the point that you couldn't see the tree tops. The underbrush grew in thick, and small twigs scraped against your knees if and when you strayed off the dirt path; you were beginning to wish you hadn't worn shorts.

The car was unloaded and you sat on a rock and watched. Edd and Tom began to set up the tents, while Matt and Tord carried the heavier items into the camp.

Two of the larger fabric cylinders had been taken from atop the car, you figured those were the tents that were still being put up. The five remaining ones were laid out on the rickety wooden picnic table that sat off to the side of the campground.

You weren't sure what the other ones were, and you knew didn't need anymore tents. The one thing you did know was that the smallest one on the end, the (F/C) one, was yours.

An unspoken rule of your house, one that you had already come to know well, was the rule of color-coding. Everything in the house owned by someone who lived there that could be stolen by the others was the same color as the owner's hoodie. That way, if you saw Matt using a toothbrush that wasn't purple, or Tord with a notebook that wasn't red, you would know who they took it from. And anything that was yours, like that fabric cylinder, was (F/C).