She waned.

Atticus's perspective:

God what am I doing? I mocked her in every possible way. She laughed the loudest. Did I actually hurt her so much? Did I actually hurt her to that extent that she laughed with the shouts of cries and hatred towards me. I know it was wrong. I know what I did seemed very selfish, arrogant and careless from her view.

But it isn't how it seems. I know she likes me. I know she wanted me to stop Nick today when he pulled her to his chest. I bloody hell wanted to kill him. But what would I say?

Leave her you asshole because I love her and she's my fucking step-sister whom I slept with? How would that sound to a heartless, merciless pussy eating- Nick?

So instead what did I do? Like always, I slept with a new girl. I slept with a different chick only to take off my stress booster. And my guilt. But can my guilt ever recede from me? Can I ever not look at her eyes, those once lively eyes which craved from me and now only gives me glares of disgust, can I ever look at them and smile like nothing happened?

Only if you knew Stace, only if you knew how much it actually hurts to hurt you. How much it kills to push you away. How much I curse our parents for marrying and how much I regret giving you those false hopes. But Stace, it seemed real for me at that instance. 

I liked you so much that I couldn't control myself from you anymore. You attracted me like the strongest of poles and I couldn't break our magnetism. The more I played those pranks, the more fell in love with you. Now you tell me what I should have done?

Keep kissing you and screwing you with no hope? Keep secretly having fun with you on a road with no ends? Wasn't that wasting your time when you could actually get yourself a guy who might take care of you for life? I need to leave you Stace, get you out of my mind. I can't have your voice playing in my head every time I fuck some other girl.

It only burns the crave I have for you. That doesn't help. I need you to stop making me get obsessed with you. I need you to go away, for some time so I can just get my shit together. 

I open the door of the house. The chat with Davis wasn't helping. I bloody starved and skipped lunch. So I'm damn hungry now. 

I turn around as I see dad and Leah sitting opposite to each other on the dinner table. I crease my eyebrows seeing why they seem so silent. 

"Hey. I'm hungry." I said as I made my way to the table.

"Yeah, let's have dinner." Dad nodded and Leah nodded too. Something I missed? 

"Are you both okay? You seem less lively today." I asked as I washed my hands.

"Yeah, just tired Atticus." Leah smiled. I smiled back, trying my best to hide my ache. 

"Stacy. Dinner's ready." Leah shouted and I winced at her name. 

But there was no reply. 

"Stacy. DINNER." Leah shouted again.

No reply. 

"STACY. DINNER--" Leah yelled. 

"Uh.. I'll go call her." I stopped Leah from bursting out as I hurried up the stairs.

My hands stopped against her door as the time when I entered expecting to kiss her body played through my head. I shuddered the thought away and knocked on the door. The door didn't open. I cleared my voice and took a deep breath.

My heart began to speed up and my fingers started to sweat. I don't have the fucking guts to even speak to her. 

"St-Stacy? Dinner's ready." I said closing my eyes.