Shattered like the glass fragments.

Stacy's perspective:

"What?" 

Atticus's voice sounded frightened. And that single word created many cracks inside me. I replayed the night gran told me. Crying so hard, almost wanting to have vanished in that very moment. She's never the one talking back on mum but I couldn't believe what I heard. I couldn't trust her at the moment. I couldn't assimilate even imagining the events she played in my mind. 

Life seemed useless, painful and I didn't feel I belonged here anymore. Knowing how people are reacting towards their own kind, I felt disgusted of stepping in this alley. I heard things which never hinted my thoughts. 

I shut my voice when I felt the arms around me, slowly leave me. I was left alone, standing when tears just seemed to flow down my cheeks. I looked at my mom, terrified and shocked. Her face was so pale, I felt she was going to pass out any moment. No more tears came out of her eyes, she was stunned. I suddenly felt the guilt of causing that pain. I could hear unspoken words yell from her mind to mine. 

Just when things were so silent and so serious, we heard the door click. The door, as I assumed had five pairs of eyes. It slowly opened up and I wondered why none of us locked the damn door. 

Tugging the heavy suitcase behind, the fragile fingers clasped another bag on her shoulders. My fingers went up to my face and I immediately wiped away the tears. On realizing who it was, I rushed to help her. 

"Gran, what are you doing here?" I scoffed with shock as I pulled her suitcase. 

"Well," she sighed scuffing and wiping water drops off her face. I turned towards the door and I noticed the dark grey clouds spreading in the sky. Small tiny drops started pouring from the sky in front of me. I quickly closed the door shut and turned around. 

"Well what?" I asked as I wiped away left over tear stains. 

"Your mother called me and told me to come. She said it was urgent. And I packed my bags and rushed along. That was an hour back, now I was just eavesdropping and listening to your damned fight." Gran snorted as she sat royally on the single seater couch, next to where Chris was standing. 

"You came?" Mum whispered slowly. 

I turned to see her face was double shocked now. She took a step forward and I looked between the two of them. Gran had swore she would never enter this house again, it seems. And I figured it was more than a while since mum and she had spoken.

"I had to. When you called and said you were in the verge of breaking down, I couldn't possible sit at home and not care. Moreover, you sounded like you were in trouble. As a mother, it's my duty to be there when you sounded like you needed me." Gran sighed and broke her gaze to look at Olivia. 

"What?" Olivia yelled when gran kept constantly staring. 

"You should leave dear. Let us resolve this matter as it's a concern of our family." Gran gently smiled. I always admired the way she kept so calm and so composed. 

I saw Olivia groan loudly. She pulled an umbrella from the umbrella stand and hung her purse on her shoulders. The blonde hair curled in the ends and her eyes showing the expression of least care. She huffed at Chris and walked right in front of mum. She stopped at Atticus. 

I saw her as she smirked at him. He looked away, in complete disgust. She bent down and quietly whispered something in his ear. His tightened shoulders loosened up. His eyes saw her in utter surprise. She just smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek while he still looked stunned. 

She turned around and started to head off when he turned to her and spoke so politely, "How'd you know?" 

She stopped at the door handle and turned back around. "After all Atticus, I'm your mother." She smiled and opened the door.