Heart Burn - #10

K
Saturday Morning

"Hey what're you up to?" I ask my sister as I walk into her room and she immediately hides her phone. I raise an eyebrow.

"Texting Blue again." I wiggle them since I caught her up at four a.m yesterday in the phone with the colour.

"Yes! Yes that was exactly w-what I was doing." She clears her throat and I know she's lying.

"Are you keeping secrets.' I give her a small frown and she sighs.

"Kehlani—"

"Kylan." I cross my arms and she bites her lip.

"You don't want to see this." She shakes her head and I scoff.

"What is it? How bad could it be?" She holds out the phone slowly and I roll eyes at her dramatic behavior but not before my breath catches in my throat.

"Kehlani. . "

L3vy posted a picture.

Tapping on it, I find him, lips locked with the same girl I saw at the apartment. Well I thought she was. She had the same black hair but it was covering her face.

Caption:

Whoever said I needed you was lying. You were nothing but a time passer

#newbae

"He's a jerk Kehlani don't —" but I was already outside and back into the safety of my room, locking the door.

I collapse on my bed, head planted into my pillow as I tried my best to keep in my tears.

My anger though. .

Sitting up, I ripped my drawer open grabbing the necklace that I thought I would keep. I throw it outside my window, grabbing the teddy bear that I hid under my bed and angrily grabbed one of my blades, driving it down the belly and ripping it open all the while tears falling down my face.

"Why does this keep happening to me?" I sob, throwing it at the wall. "Dang it." I wipe my tears, laying back in bed as my breathing increased. I knew what it was.

I needed it.

I. . I need to escape.

I eyed the bathroom door, my mind on overdrive as I thought of all the calming features it has. Of how much it made me forget. I didn't realize how close I had gotten until my phone started ringing, I froze. I looked at the dresser and then at the door before sniffing and letting out a breath. I take my phone to see a flashing "Curls" since I never decided to change it.

Clearing my throat I tried my best to sound normal.

"Hello?" I croak, cringing.

"Its saturdayyyy— wait, are you crying? What's wrong?" Draco asks and I hear in the background. "Is Kylan there too?"

"Shut up Blue."

"I'm not crying I just woke up." I lie and he's silent.

"Are you sure?" It sounds like he's moving away.

"Yes. . " I murmur.

"Would you like to come over then?"

I clear my throat, "actually, I have a lot of assignments. .  to complete, maybe next time?"

"Are you sure everything's okay Kehlani?" He asks again and I felt like telling him everything, but I couldn't.

"Everything's fine."

× × ×

"Hey." I nearly jump out of my skin as a figure appears near me. I pull the buds from my ear, placing a hand on my chest. I turn to look at Draco who was holding in his laughter.

He had his usual work out attire, with ear buds of his own and a small smile.

"You okay?" I was still a little droopy from yesterday so I just avert my eyes, and nod. "I can tell something's bothering you Kehlani. . I don't like seeing you like this." He sighs, grabbing my arm as I try to walk away.

"I-im just tired." My voice croaks and he licks his lips, intertwining both of our hands.

He has a girlfriend!

"Let me take you to lunch, I'll tell you something that bothers me, and you'll do the same." I give in and he grins softly grins giving me chills are he walks me to school.

× × ×

"Excuse me." I turn around, exhausted and glad that this was the last period. I turn to find Lia, a red head who I knew only because she threw up on the cafeteria's table. Turns out, she was pregnant.

"Hi. ." I smile offering her politeness.

"You're Kehlani right? Levy's ex?"

I remain calm as I nod, shifting my weight to one foot and raising an eyebrow.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." She spits and I furrow my eyebrows. "How dare you tell him off when he was apologizing and trying to get you back.  Everybody gets cheated on, ita who he comes back to that matters, you're not even that pretty."

"Oh, did I-Knocked-You-Up come back too?" I ask sarcastically, stomping away while she gapes like a fish, that was the talk nowadays.

"Levy's so hot how could you leave him." I mock out loud as I enter the Bathroom. "Levy really wanted you back why didn't you listen to him?"

"Why don't you all just date him then!" Great I'm talking to myself. Groaning, I lean my head against the cool wall of the bathroom, running a hand through my hair.

Why did you have to do this to me Levy?

Why does everyone do this to me?

× × ×

The ride to Timers was quiet, Draco kept stealing glances at me but I kept my eyes trained on the outside world, even my dad was getting suspicious.

The phonecalls stopped, so did the texts. I guess I was already forgotten. The car is abruptly pulled over and I turn to Draco who was already looking at me.

"What—"

"I'm in a relationship I don't want to be in." He admits and I go quiet. "I started dating her, Jude, because I thought she was nice, don't get me wrong she is but soon she started acting weird. Yelling at me when I didn't do things for her, or when I had to cancel, and normally I would understand but its the fact that she likes to do it in public. I didn't understand why and I was going to break up with her after she got so. . clingy but then she revealed to me the truth.

She has a mental disorder."