2 / Did you hide it?

D I R T Y
2 / Did you hide it?

I walk through my front door, the smell of dinner being made filling my nose. I look towards the kitchen and see my little sister, Morgan, making something on the stove. I set my bag down next to the door and walk over towards her.

"Hey Morg, what're you making for us?" I ask, looking over her shoulder to see it.

"I'm making some chilly, wasn't really up to making something new today," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Where's Zach and Bryson?"

"Who knows, I gave them chocolate so they'd leave me alone while I was cooking."

I sigh, "Morgan, you know it's hard to make them go to sleep when they have had sugary sweets, especially chocolate."

She throws her arms up, "well you know how annoying they get when they never leave you alone and get all up in your business!" I nod in agreement and set off to find them.

I live in a one story house with my three siblings, and no parents. It has been a hard life for us four and we didn't live the best life when we were younger. Both of my parents lost legal authority of us for unexplainable reasons. We had to live with our Aunt and Uncle who weren't the best choice either but were never as bad as our parents who could be in jail right now and I wouldn't give a damn. I worked all the time while we lived with our Aunt and Uncle, so my siblings had it worse with them; that's why when I turned 18, I rented a house and had us four move away from that bullshit and became their legal guardian.

I can't bare the thought of them getting hurt like that again, they deserve the world and I'm glad after all these years, we were able to find peace and be happy for once in our life.

"Zach and Bryson! Come out, dinner is almost ready!" I yell towards their room.

"We'll be out in a couple of hours- ow!! I me..mean we'll be out in a couple of minutes!" I raise my eyebrow and make my way towards their room. "Nice going genius! Now she's going to come into our room!"

"Did you hide it yet?"

"Well no shit, do you see it anywhe- oh hey Addi, we're just playing.. um, poker." I walk into their room to see the twins on the ground.

I cross my arms, "oh really? And where are the cards at then?"

"Cards...?" Bryson looks at Zach for help.

"Umm, yess cards! Yes, we just finished playing with them so we put them away."

"But didn't you just say you are playing poker?"

"Yes, but now we're done. Thank you for being so observant, you're such a great sister. We appreciate you so much, I love you."

"Alright, tell me what you're hiding right now or neither of you get chocolate cake," I threaten.

"It was his idea!" they say in unison and point at each other. Bryson crawls over to their bunk beds and pulls something out from under it. He holds a PS4 close to his chest.

"Where did you guys get that? We aren't rich, so you better not say you bought it or I swear-"

"We didn't!" they say.

"Then what? I don't have time for the guessing game."

"The next door neighbor was giving it away!" Zach explains.

"Yeah! And he said that we can have it for free," Bryson chips in.

I give it a thought, looking at them curiously. "Okay okay," I sigh, throwing my hands up. "But you have to give it back to him, that was nice of him but we can't keep it. We have to earn things like this, guys."