Chapter One

Chapter One

Becca's POV

"Hold on, run that by me again." I said, not believing what Alec was saying to me.

"I think you're pregnant." He said with more confidence. I shook my head in denial. No, no way. I couldn't be pregnant. I'm an immortal creature. I'm part vampire. Female vampires can't procreate. I'm getting dizzy. Good thing I'm already on the floor.

"Alec, you have to be joking right now." I said, looking at my mate. He stood up, helping me to my feet.

"Listen. Close your eyes and listen." Alec said, moving behind me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. He placed his chin on my shoulder. "What do you hear?"

I closed my eyes tightly and listened for the heartbeat Reneseme was going on about. I could hear it. I could hear two heartbeats in my body. Mine, and another. I felt shock and disbelief rock my body. The other heart was beating fast, just like Renesme had claimed.

"Oh my god." I whispered. There was a crash downstairs then a mournful howl. I knew it belonged to Jake. "Alec, this is not supposed to be possible." I turned to him, I'm sure the slight panic I was feeling showing in my expression.

"Maybe you should let Carlisle check you out." Alec suggested. I just shook my head.

"I can't go out there." I whispered. I couldn't face anyone. Not after everything. I was a monster, and I don't deserve their help or forgiveness.

"Amore," Alec sweetly whispered in my ear, "That's our child and we have to make sure it's healthy. You have to get checked out."

"I'm scared." I said. He squeezed me tighter.

"It's okay to be scared, but you're not alone okay? Let's go see Carlisle." Alec tried to soothe my fears.

"I don't trust him." I said and I meant it. I have despised Carlisle from the very moment I awoke to this new life. He no longer treated me like a person. I wouldn't go through that again. I would no longer be an object. No longer a specimen for him to poke and prod.

"Amore." Alec said but I shook my head.

"No. He's not touching me. He's not getting anywhere near me." I growled out harshly. Alec's face hardened and I realized how harsh my tone was. "I'm sorry, Al. I didn't mean to speak to you in that manner. You just don't understand how he made me feel last time I was here. He knew."

"He knew what, love?" Alec asked, his beautiful voice full of curiosity.

"He knew that I wasn't the first hybrid in existence. He knew and treated me like I was in a science experiment, because he wanted to be the one to claim discovery. He will not do that to our child." I said, protectively touching my stomach.

He face softened at my apologetic tone. He softly put his hand on my cheek. "Okay, he won't touch you, or our child." I sighed in relief. I didn't want to argue with Alec. I know he trusted Carlisle. They've known each other for many, many years. I'm glad he understood. "If not Carlisle, then who?"

I started thinking about what other supernatural creatures in the house had medical training. I couldn't go to a human doctor, but Alec was right. I needed to be looked at. My uterus should be dead, like many of my vital organs. The only one that should work is my heart.

"I'll do it." I heard Rosalie offer from downstairs. I was shocked. After everything, I thought she would want nothing to do with me. She was the ultimate protector of human life, and I had taken many in my time in Volterra. I also felt a pang of fear, not for myself. I knew I could handle her. I felt it for my child. What if it wasn't as strong as me? What if it was fragile?

"Becca?" Alec called, pulling me from my thoughts. I looked at him, and nodded. I'd accept her help, only if he was there with me. Him and someone else I could trust.

"Okay." I announced to Rose. "Only if Ashley is there." Ashley, I trust with my life. Ashley, Jasper, Pete, and Char are my ride or dies. I know I could trust them with anything. I needed to be cautious with everyone else.

"When?" Rose asked. I looked at Alec. His eyes were starting to darken. He needed to feed. He's been feeding off of me recently, but seeing as I now am with child, I wasn't sure if it was the safest option.

"Alec, you need to feed first." I told him. He sighed, because I know he didn't want to leave me.

"E tu e il bambino?" Alec asked in Italian.

"Me and and the baby will be fine. You know I won't let anyone harm our child." I told him. "Peter, would you?"

"I got you little Rebel. I won't let anyone hurt him." Peter and Charlotte still drank human blood. I knew they would take him somewhere that he won't break any laws with the pack. I wanted to walk him out, I needed to lay eyes on him leaving. I needed to make sure nobody was following him. I knew it was slightly irrationally, because Alec had his power but he also could fight his ass off.

I grabbed Alec's hand and squeezed in it fear. Though, my time with the Volturi proved I could hold my own in a battle. These vampires were once family to me. While I still feel some emotional ties to them, I had no clue how they felt. Anyone could try to attack us when we left that room. Of course the house wasn't the safest place from attack, our room had become a safe haven.

"Come back safe, do you hear me?" I whispered to him.

"I will, I promise. I'll fight to the ends of the earth to come back to you." He whispered back, putting his forehead against mine.

As we walked down the stares, I mentally noted how many people were in the room and where they were located. My sister, her child, and husband were there. As well as the other Cullens. Peter, Jasper, Charlotte and Ashley. Embry and Seth were there as well, with Kayla. Stan was no where to be seen. I felt guilt fill me. The love of his life, his mate was dead, and I let defended his murders. I let the bastards responsible brainwash me into believing what they were doing was okay.

"Mi amore, I know that look. Do not let it eat away at you." Alec said, placing his hand lovingly on my chin. He knew me so well. Just as I knew him. I could see it in his eyes, he wasn't going to leave when I was like this.

"Go." I whispered, giving his a light kiss and pushing his gently toward the door. Peter walked up to me, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll have him back in no time." With that, they sped out of the house. I felt my heart fall into my stomach. This was the first time I'd be apart from Alec since we escaped the clutches of The Volturi. I stared at the door, in sorrow.

"Reb, let's go outside and have some girl talk." Ashley said, pulling me from my thoughts. I nodded absentmindedly. I walked out the door with Ashley. I had missed her. We had become very close before I had left for New York. My defense shotup when someone stumbled out the door after us. Embry burst out of the house.

"Wait, Beck. I need to talk to you." He said. I internally flinched at the childhood nickname, though I kept my face stone cold.

"There's nothing to say. You're as dead to me as I was to you that night."

—————————

I know I took 5 thousand years to finally publish this story but I'm basically writing an original story that it's hardddd lol.

I'll try to do better, but honestly, no promises.

Let me know what you think? Comments are everything. I love them. They make me feel good about my writing, like people are actually enjoying it.

1394 words

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.