Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Becca's POV

"So how are we gonna do this?" I asked Rose, after she led me into one of the rooms of the cabin. She had dragged a few medical devices in.

"We're going to try and treat this like a regular pregnancy. Ultrasound and whatnot. See if we can see anything." She explained.

"You weren't able to see Bella's pregnancy, why would mine be any different?" I asked.

"It might not. We are going to have to see." She explained. I looked at Alec worried. What is something was wrong with the baby and we wouldn't be able to tell because the ultrasound didn't work. "Don't freak out yet. Let's just try and run some tests."

"Do you think I'll need blood?" I asked her. I hadn't fed on blood since my time with the Volturi. While it was satisfying, I never needed it other than to replace my internal blood supply. I never had a craving for it like most vampires.

"It's quite possible. I'm imagining, that the baby will need blood to survive. Much like Nessie." Rose stated, turning on the ultrasound machine.

"I'm not drinking animal blood. It's rank." I said and I meant it. I've tried animal blood only once in my life and I'll be damned if I drink it again.

"Okay, Becca." Alec said laughing. He'd probably agree, not having tried it himself. We watched nervously and Rose moved the ultrasound want to my stomach. I prayed to whatever higher power that it worked.

"You know, I always thought I'd be experiencing this with my dad in the room." I said, watching the screen. It stayed black, showing us that a ultrasound wasn't going to work.

"Do you miss your father?" Rose asked.

"More than you know. How has he been?" I responded, trying to hold back tears. Not only at the thought of Charlie, but the fact that we were no closer to finding anything out about this baby.

"He's good. We practically had to stop him from flying to Italy himself when you were gone. Charlie was ready to storm into the Volturi castle, guns blazing." Rose said and I chuckled. That sounded exactly like Charlie Swan. Ready to shoot any and everything.

"Your father is still human, isn't he?" Alec asked. I nodded. "How does he know about the Volturi."

"His wife is an elder to the Quilette tribe. Two of her kids are also shapeshifters. He's well aware of vampires, or cold ones as they call us." I explained to him. "Do you think I could see him?"

"As soon as we're done here, we can go anywhere you want." Alec confirmed with a kiss on my forehead.

"So I want to try something else." Rose said, pulling out a huge needle.

"Hell no." I said shaking my head.

"If I can penetrate the amniotic sac, I might be able to run some tests." She explained.

"Fine, but hurry up before I change my mind." I said nervously. She approached with the stomach needle and it flew out of her hands.

"What the hell was that?" Alec asked.

"It wasn't me." I said. She pulled another one out but the same thing happened. No way. I looked down at my barely showing stomach. Could this baby already have so much power? "I don't think the baby likes that."

"I'm gonna try and do some research." Rose said standing up, accepting defeat. "Say hi to Charlie for me." With that she left the room. I laid there, still shocked.

"Did our baby just flung a syringe across the room?" I asked Alec.

"I think it did." He confirmed. He looked at shocked as I was. "The baby is barely developed. How?"

"Well it's two part vampire, one part leopard. Maybe it's developing faster?" I said in a questioning tone. I sat up, and looked over at my mate. "Come on, we got a few stops to make today.

———————-

Okay so this chapter is kind of trash. Kind of filler, I guess. It'll get better promise.

Let me know what you think?

691 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.