Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Becca's POV

Jasper was currently driving Alec and I to The Swan Residence. No one trusted the Cullens not to approach us again, so it was better to go to Forks with numbers. We decided not to bring the whole vampire crew, not to start anything with the wolves. At this moment, I kind of regretted it. I had no clue how they felt about me and I was afraid they might try and attack.

I became even more nervous the closer we got. The journey was coming to an end and I almost couldn't sit still in my seat.

"Reb, please. You're making me nervous." Jasper said from the driver's seat.

"I'm sorry, can't you calm me down?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No. I haven't been able to shift your emotions for a while." He said and focused back on the road. I gripped Alex's hand tighter. We were almost there. Memories from my human life began playing in my mind. Learning how to ride a bike down this road. All the Christmases and holidays spent at my dad's house growing up. What if he hated me? What if he was disgusted by what he saw?

"Mi amore, it'll be okay. I'll protect you and our bambino from anything." Alec whispered in my ear. I nodded and held my breathe as we pulled out front. This was it. The moment of truth. We all climbed out the car, but I was too busy staring at Dad's police cruiser. A wave of panic hit me.

"Wait, I changed my mind." I said turning around to open the car door and climb back in. I didn't want to see the look fo disgust on my father's face.

"Becca?" I heard him say. I turned to see him. He had opened the door and was standing there, shocked.

"Hey, dad." I said, nervously. I took a few steps toward him. He looked the same, with a few more gray hairs and wrinkles. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. He took off down the stairs and enrolled me into a hug.

"Oh babygirl. I never thought I was gonna see you again." He said holding me tight.

"Daddy, I missed you so much." I said hugging him back, tears were falling steadily down my face. He was openly crying as well.

"When did you get back? When did you escape?" He asked me, pulling away.

"I've been back for a few weeks." I said. Did they really not tell him I was back? "Dad this is my mate- my boyfriend." I said, gesturing toward Alec.

"Red eyes. He feeds from humans?" He asked, looking at Alec warily.

"He's not gonna hurt you, Dad. He's the reason I escaped." I said, giving Alec a bright smile. He smiled back at me.

"Well, I'm grateful." He said and stuck his hand out to Alec, who immediately shook it. He was shocked, not having contact with humans in many years. Other than to feed, that is. "Come on in kids. How are you Jasper?"

"I'm fine sir, and yourself?" Jasper responded.

"I'm doing a lot better now that my baby girl is home." He said. He led us into the house and I noticed it lacked shapeshifters. "Sue and the kids are in La Push right now."

He led us into the living room. It looked almost the same. A few furniture rearrangements, but ultimately the same. I sat on the couch with Jasper and Alec on my sides. Dad sat in a lounge chair.

Dad started updating me on his life. He was planning on retiring in the next few years. He and Sue has just got back from an extended fishing trip. They took it to get his mind off of my disappearance. They had just arrived back a few days ago. Sue went to the reservation to catch up on some tribe duties. He told me how Seth and surprisingly Paul had shown an interest in law enforcement, so he was working with them to get them into the police academy.

"Seth graduated high school a couple of months ago. Graduated early. That boy right there is smart." Charlie said with a proud look.

"He always has been." I confirmed. I was proud of the little shapeshifter. I know he worked hard. Between his supernatural responsibilities and school, it definitely was no small feat.

"He imprinted too." Dad said.

"Oh my god. I'm happy for him. On who?" I asked. Finally, I remember Seth being so down about being alone.

"This girl from Italy actually. Came back with Stan and Matt. Poor thing that happened to that kid." He said, and my smile dimmed. I couldn't believe Matt was really gone. He was one of the best people I had ever met in my life.

"Yeah. I miss him." I said and Alec squeezed my hand in comfort. Jasper laid a supporting hand on my shoulder.

"He was a good kid." Charlie said, giving me a sympathetic look. Before anymore could be said, a car pulled up outside. I could hear running feet, quickly approaching. I abruptly stood up as Leah crashed through the door. Alec stood protectively in front of me. When she took in the scene of my bewildered father and three vampires she growled. Her body started shaking.

"Outside." Charlie ordered. "You are not tearing up my house."

"Get away from him." She said angrily, ignoring my father's request.

"He's my father. I have the right to visit him whenever I please." I said. She growled and took a step forward, causing Alec to growl back and step in front of me more.

"I said outside!" Charlie yelled. Leah stomped out the door, still shaking. My father followed her out and the three vampires cautiously did the same.

"You let these leeches into the house?" Leah yelled at him angrily.

"This is my house, young lady." Charlie said calmly but sternly. When I arrived outside Sue, Seth, and Kaylie were all standing by the car.

"That one has red eyes! He drinks from humans!" Leah yelled glaring at Alec.

"Back off Leah." I growled out. I was starting to feel antsy. Alec and Jasper placed a hand on my arms.

"Or what?" She challenged.

"Back off Leah, I mean it. I'd hate to have to hurt you in front of your mother." I said cooly.

"Leah, come on. Stop." Seth said, walking up to his sister. He tried to pull her away, but she snatched her arm out of his grip.

"Don't you see, Charlie? That's not your daughter anymore. She's a monster! She needs to be exterminated as well as that demon seed inside of her." Leah yelled from her place in the yard. In the blink of the human eye, I escaped from the vampire grips on my arms and slammed her to the ground by her throat.

"You threaten me, my mate, or my child again. You don't live to see another day. Do I make myself clear?" I said harshly, cutting off her air supply. "I said do I make myself clear?" She nodded and and released her. She sat up coughing harshly. She looked up at me with anger and fear in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I think it best I go." I said to my father. I wanted to hug him goodbye but the look of anger in his eyes stopped me. I knew I should have never come here. Alec and Jasper made their way over to me.

"No. You're not going anywhere yet. I just got you back." He said to me, his eyes softening. He turned his angry eyes to Leah. "You don't get to come into my house and threaten my child Leah Clearwater. You do it again, and you're no longer welcome in my home."

"Charlie-" She started but Charlie cut her off and looked to her mother.

"I'm sorry Sue. I know that's your daughter, and I love her but I won't stand for it. You better talk to her." Charlie said and glared at Leah again for a good measure. She just growled and took off into the moods, shredding her clothes as she phased. Sue climbed back in the car and started driving, probably toward La Push. Not before shooting me a small smile though.

"Now what's this I hear about a child?" Dad said turning back to me. A smile formed on my face. He still loved me.

——————————-

Let me know what you think?

1436 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.