Chapter eleven: Medallion

Brinley's POV:

She took my hand in hers and squeezed. "I just have one more question."

I sighed, trying to catch my breath after telling her about the accident.

Her face went pink as she squeezed my hand. "What happened after my mom left the first time...Did you mean it?"

I paused. I looked at her delicate blue eyes and her soft heart shaped lips. I licked my lips as they tingled in remembrance.

I opened my mouth to reply when we were interrupted by a glass hitting the table. "Alright ladies, here's your order."

I jerked my hand away as the plates were sat down. Kyra kept her hand on the table. I reached for a fork but before I could grab it, she passed one to me.

I smiled, averting her concerned glace, and started eating.

Kyra's POV:

We left the restaurant with full stomachs and new questions in our heads. Like, how we were going to get home?

All of the sudden, Brinley pulled her phone out of her back pocket. She swiped and pressed a few buttons. She held the phone up to her ear, listening to it ring.

"Hey, Ellie, I need some help here." I couldn't hear the other end of the call over the noise of the cars zooming by. "Treatment," Brinley said. I looked at the ground and counted the rain stained sidewalk tiles.

She smiled brightly as the caller responded to her. "Alright. See you in a bit."

Brinley ended the call and sat on the bus bench and sighed.

"Who was that?" I said, sitting next to her.

"Elliotte." She said, looking down the busy street.

Elliotte? Who is that? I've never heard of her.

"And there she is!" Brinley quickly stood up as a small white car pulled up.

A blond girl with bright blue eyes covered by gold circular glasses rolled down the window. "Let's go, Brin!"

The girl smiled big at me as Brinley hopped into the passenger side. I quickly grabbed the door handle and jumped in.

The girl punched the gas pedal and we swerved into the traffic. "Hi!" She said, turning to me. "I'm Elliotte!"

She held her hand out, expecting a handshake. I took it and shook hesitantly. "I'm Kyra."

"I know who you are!" She smiled big and turned back to face the road. "Brin told me all about you! Now I finally met you!"

Jeez, this girl was happy to see me. Don't know why but...

"Sorry. It's just that I have never met you and I get kind of nervous around new people." The stranger looked at me in the mirror.

"Nah, it's fine." I turned my head towards the window, watching the traffic go by.

A few minutes later, we pulled into Brinley's driveway. I quickly hopped out of the awkward silence and slammed the door shut.

Elliotte rolled down the window, yelling out, "It was nice to meet you, Kyra!"

I smiled and waved at her as I walked up to Brinley's massive doorsteps.

I looked back at the car and saw Brinley and the strange girl hugging. They pulled away, talked a bit, and laughed.

Brinley got out of the car and closed the door shut. She bent down and waved at the girl as she pulled out of the driveway.

Brinley sauntered up to me and took my hand. She opened the door slowly and stepped in quietly. She held her finger up to her lips as she slowly took off her shoes.

I followed along with her movements, trying not to make any sound. I held her hand as she navigated through the long hallways. Finally, we came to a room. She quietly turned the knob of the cream white door and pushed it open.

I saw her sister sitting on her bed, her legs criss-crossed over each other. She had headphones in, blaring the sound. She didn't seem to notice us as Brinley pulled me into the other room.

We entered a conjoined room with Sera's and Brinley quickly closed the door, locking it along the way.

"Finally," she sighed as she walked over to her bed.

I looked around the beautifully cleaned room. There were posters plastered all along the light purple walls. I looked at the ceiling, seeing a chandelier twinkling light at me.

Brinley, sitting on her canopy bed wrapping a light blue blanket, pointed beside me. I slowly walked over and sat beside her, slowly sinking into the soft mattress.

I stared at the walls in fascination as Brinley bounced lightly on the bed. "Hey." She lightly placed her hand on my shoulder. "You okay?"

I couldn't lie to her hot chocolate eyes so I said, " Not really."

"What's wrong?" She said, her hand tries traveling my sensitive back.

"You never answered my question." I looked at her soft eyes, surrounded by her black-rimmed glasses.

She looked down and then back up again. She leaned forward taking our noses touch. "Yes." She said, placing a small kiss on my already trembling lips.

I stared at her in surprise. Her hair slowly started to fall in front of her face. I reached up, pushing it behind her delicate ear. She smiled and closed her eyes, placing her cheek in my hand.

She slowly opened them and looked up at me, the smile still on her face. I smiled back, leaning in.

She quickly grabbed my face and pulled it up to hers. Our lips brushed against each others. I sharply inhaled, staring at her gold-flecked eyes.

She leaned back onto the bed, still holding my face. I moved and laid beside her. She took the light blue blanket and pulled it up over us.

Brinley cuddled up to me, still holding my face. She closed her eyes and kissed me.

I didn't hesitate one bit as she did. My arm wrapped around her, pulling her closer.

Her soft hands traveled up my shirt, slowing lifting the hem. Her soft hands glided along my stomach, moving higher and higher.

I heaved and pulled away from her, throwing the blanket off of us.

"Cheonsa, are you okay? Did I go too far?"I continued crying without answering her. Her hand started rubbing my back. I leaned onto her, crying onto her shoulder.