5

Beau saw Scott walking towards them. He looked at Mitch.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Beau whispered to Mitch. He made Mitch look at him.

Mitch bit his lip and looked at Scott through the corner of his eye.

"Did you call him?" Beau asked. After another few seconds without an answer, Beau grabbed Mitch's chin and made him look at him straight in the eye.

"Why. Is. He. Here? How does he know where we are"

Scott got to them before Mitch could say anything.

"Hi. I think I'm going to take Mitch home with me" Scott said and grabbed Mitch's arm gently. He had Mitch stand behind him. Mitch looked down and played with his hands.

Another anxiety habit.

Beau looked at Scott like he was out of his mind. "Excuse me? Last time I checked, he wasn't your boyfriend" he said "I would appreciate it if you let me take my boyfriend home with me"

Scott stared Beau straight in the eye. "And I would appreciate it if you treated him like the perfect human he is. And if you didn't fucking cheat on him" he said.

Beau stayed silent. He looked at Mitch. "How do you know?" He asked after a few seconds.

Mitch bit his lip and looked at Beau. "I... umm, I saw you making out with someone else" he said and teared up. "I understand why you did it. I'm not perfect enough for you. I'm sorry"

Mitch whispered the last part, letting a few tears fall.

Scott frowned and looked at Mitch. His features softening at the sight of him. "Let's go home Okay?" He said.

Mitch nodded and turned around. He started to walk to the car.

Beau widened his eyes at the realization he was losing Mitch. "Wait! Mitch, I'm sorry. You know I do stupid things when I have alcohol. Forgive me" he said.

Mitch stopped walking and closed his eyes. He let out a breath before looking at Beau.

He shook his head and regained composure, trying to make it seem like he was confident. Which at the moment, he wasn't.

"No, Beau. I'm done listening to you and believing you when you say you love me" Mitch said his voice cracked slightly.

"I'm going home with the only person that cares about me. I don't want to see you again"

Mitch was letting his tears fall free now. His voice was uneven as well.

Beau stared at Mitch with disbelief. For the first time, he felt guilty for hurting him.

And he said something that Mitch, nor Scott, thought they would hear him say.

"I- Im so sorry Mitch"