6

HI! So I'm going to try to write this chapter in Mitch's POV and see how it goes. I might switch from Third Person POV to this at different times in the story.

OH, and I have gotten 3 (?) votes on this story so far. So thank you! To the people who voted
——————————————————————

Mitchs POV

Scott is driving back to the house. The car ride is silent. Mostly because neither of us know what to say, but also because I'm too embarrassed to break the silence.

"I'm sorry" I finally say after a few minutes.

"For what?" Scott asks and looks at me through the corner of his eye.

"For not listening to you. You kept telling me that I should leave Beau but I never listened and I just wound up getting hurt. I'm so fucking stupid" I say as I pinch the back of my hand.

Another one of my many anxiety habits

Scott stops the car at a red light and looks at me with a frown. He reaches over and puts his hand over mine to stop me from pinching.

"None of this is your fault. You were in love. I wouldn't be surprised if you were still in love with him. I may not understand why you love him, or why you stayed with him, but I know why you were afraid to leave" Scott says and has me look at him.

God. His eyes are so blue. And he's so caring. I don't know what I did to deserve him. He doesn't deserve me. He deserves so much more

I just stare at Scott for awhile, holding back tears that are threatening to escape.

I suddenly jump at the sound of a car horn telling us to drive. The light was green.

Scott immediately started to drive again, and I take a shaky breath and look out the window once again
—————————————————————
Home

Scott holds the door of our shared apartment open for me. I have my arms wrapped around my stomach area as he walk.

Scott watches me walk inside then soon closes the door behind himself.

"Umm... I'm gonna go take a shower then go to bed. Thank you for helping me tonight" I say quietly as I look down at the floor

Scott smiles at me slightly and nods. "Of course. I would do anything for you" he says

I blush and nod. I quickly walk upstairs and take a shower. The water is as hot as I can take it, which is when I start scratching at my skin until there's red scratch marks covering my body.

I get out of the shower almost 40 minutes later and get into sweatpants and an oversized shirt. One big enough to hide any fat that's on my stomach.

I start to walk to my room before I feel uneasy. Looking down, I walk to Scott.

Scott looks at me with a small smile as he closes his laptop.

I look up at Scott. "Can, You, umm... can you sleep with me in my room tonight?" I ask timidly, rocking back and forth on my feet.

Scott chuckles quietly and nods. "Of course I can" he says and gets up. He leads me to my room.

I walk to my bed and lay down under the covers and then reach my arms out for Scott. Scott smiles once more and joins me under the covers.

He reaches over and turns the table light off.

I almost immediately move closer to him and wrap my arms around his torso and shut my eyes.

I feel Scott's heart speed up but slow down almost instantly. He wraps his arms around me and holds me close.

We both fall asleep there at the same time, holding one another like there's no tomorrow