Thinking.

(This is painfully short, but it's kind of a filler chapter. I'm trying to write bigger events/situations together and keeping the little stuff separate. I feel like it flows better. Anyway, enjoy.)
I'm escorted to Erudite not long after.
It's so white here. Just like I had imagined.
So far, I've seen one key difference.
The layout of the rooms is not exactly the same as I saw in my simulation.
Hallways I remember being blank and empty are filled with activity.
Much to my relief, I'm put in a closed off hospital room. I'm allowed more privileges here, I can get up and walk around. I can't think too much, the doctors worry I'll get a headache.
I haven't seen Jeanine again since I was at the faction school. Good. Watching her stresses me out. And I'm meant to do everything but stress.
My mother and father take turns staying with me. Caleb is home now, since he has to choose tomorrow morning. Without me.
The council decided I won't choose. If I choose a year late, or even a few months late, I won't be penalized.
Jeanine reassured me she'd catch me up to speed if I were in Erudite. I wanted to assure her that I won't be choosing Erudite, but I held my tongue.
There is one thing I find I can't get off my mind.
Tobias Eaton, or "Four."
He doesn't know me. If he did, it would be because I am the daughter of a councilman.
I can't help but wonder how I know so much about him. It doesn't make sense, given that I've never even been introduced to him.
I close my eyes and let myself think like an Erudite for a moment.
In a science class, I remember discussing space, and the whole universe. Overwhelming, given that we don't even know what the rest of the world holds.
I learned that there were theories about parallel universes. Worlds just like mine, but only a little different.
But that still doesn't make sense. How would an Erudite serum's effect on my brain cause me to end up in a parallel universe?
I open my eyes and stare at the white ceiling. I'm
not supposed to stress. All of these thoughts make me want to scream.
I take a deep breath and look over at my mother, who's fallen asleep. It's past midnight.
Erudite will still be working through the night, I know that for sure. I can't help but wonder if Jeanine's one of the ones who stays up all night, or if she just leaves that to her faction members.
I decide that I can't keep thinking all night. Especially if my thoughts end up down the same path they were before.
So I'll sleep, I guess.
And hope I don't have nightmares.